Notices

This is probably a wierd question

Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Techno music misser

This is probably a wierd question

Ok, this is really probably a wierd one, but I am wondering if anyone else ever thought about this.

Since I've started being sober (19 days now), now every time I look in the mirror and look at/comb/whatever with my hair, I want to get it cut. Right now it is down past my armpit, and it took forever to grow it that far, from it being 1.5" long all over my head. But every time I look at it, I'm reminded of what I used to do/the bs I used to accept as my fate, like I'm wearing my history or drug resume or something. Anyoe else ever feel like this when they were new?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

NO such thing as a stupid question :-)

Hi ex-

As many people here have taught me, there is no such thing as a stupid question. You're doing a lot of what i did around 19 days sobriety: spending a lot of time thinking about little stuff like this. I dont mean "little" as in "unimportant", i just mean.......actually I dont know how to explain it right now, i'm exhausted :-P. I just know what you mean. Its like taking baby steps towards getting comfortable in your sobriety. If cutting your hair will be a baby steps towards your new, sober life...go for it! Let us know how it looks :-).
Old 11-21-2004, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Beyond the Ninth Wave

Hi ex - sorry, I don't know your gender, so this may not mean anything to you...but I've often noticed that women in the midst of taking-back-self-ownership phases of life will cut their hair or at least talk about wanting to cut it. I've done it a few times myself. Wonder if it's some kind of empowerment impulse?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its not a stupid or weird question.My hair was also long and I cut it.And Im glad i did.This is a decissuion you need to make on your own.