Notices

Chat anyone ?

Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chat anyone ?

Had a funny sort of day today, I've come to realize that having nothing specific to do makes my mind wander.
I'm 100% not going to act on the chat in my head, but the odd thought creeps in.
I was chatting to a friend today,about the horrible anxiety and creeping feelings you experience after alcohol. I don't ever want to feel that way again.
I sorta get lonely,and feel isolated at times. But that's a small price to pay to be where I am now 😃.
I'm collecting my puppy on Tuesday which is going to be a total distraction. I'm so excited.
I didn't go out running today which in hindsight, probably didn't help. I just pottered about. I'm going to the gym 3 times a week, it's just weekends I need to fill.
I'm rambling now lol
🙏💖
Old 05-04-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no not rambling...and even if you were- that is good too....
Old 05-04-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks phoenix, I have been known to ramble on an on lol 😃
Old 05-04-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chatting ... Rambling. It's all fine - I thought it was very informative and I hope it was helpful to you

Glad you are collecting that puppy, too!!
Old 05-04-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always say its not the thoughts that define pour recovery - its what we do with them in response Doris

If the thoughts are coming more regularly tho- I noticed you had a similar thread the other day - it's probably not a bad idea to look at what you're doing
for your recovery and thinking of things to add to make it stronger?

D
Old 05-04-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what kind of puppy? you will be busy. I hope you puppy secured your place. I had forgotten all about the chewing, potty training, eating inedible objects, strings, feathers, rocks, the mess, tugging, destruction, starting fresh again in raising him, you will lose sleep....DO NOT RELAPSE especially during this period. I had and I rarely cry, but I did then, I thought I wouldn't be able to get through it.
The puppy years are definitely the most challenging!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rambling is always better than drinking!
Try to stay connected, even if just with SR. Isolation isn’t good for anyone.
I’m so excited you are getting a puppy!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

....andI hope you don't have a mail slot at your door and your tax season is over. Cuz mine took care of it.

https://postimg.cc/Z0vBvBqS
Old 05-05-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've noticed as well it's popped up a couple of times recently, I'm more on my guard than ever now 😊. I have no intention of going backwards. I'm 100% committed to staying sober or whatever. I'm going to the gym,running, cooking, walking. Reaching out to friends, talking more. Even though the thought pops up time to time I will not act on it 😊 it always leads to destruction. So I'm extra careful at the moment. Friends have been amazing and so supportive.
Doris 🙏💖
Old 05-05-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caprice6 View Post
what kind of puppy? you will be busy. I hope you puppy secured your place. I had forgotten all about the chewing, potty training, eating inedible objects, strings, feathers, rocks, the mess, tugging, destruction, starting fresh again in raising him, you will lose sleep....DO NOT RELAPSE especially during this period. I had and I rarely cry, but I did then, I thought I wouldn't be able to get through it.
The puppy years are definitely the most challenging!
She's a kelpie collie cross Ekkkkkkkkkk💖
Old 05-05-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
She's a kelpie collie cross Ekkkkkkkkkk��
I wasn't familiar with the breed, but here's a good run down I found (I have working dogs too, and as for the rottie, I made sure from his early weeks to get him socialized as much as possible with other dogs, people, children. I tried cats, he'd sit and stare, but they would snare and claw at him. Now, at 1, he's prone to chasing them. Would need a proper intro with a friendly cat).

Australian Kelpie Breed Information
Old 05-05-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

may I add to prepare yourself to never relapse in the next 12-15 years.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wasn't familiar with the breed, but here's a good run down I found (I have working dogs too, and as for the rottie, I made sure from his early weeks to get him socialized as much as possible with other dogs, people, children. I tried cats, he'd sit and stare, but they would snare and claw at him. Now, at 1, he's prone to chasing them. Would need a proper intro with a friendly cat).

Australian Kelpie Breed Information
I'm enrolling in puppy classes, also I've read loads of info, I'm so excited, I run as well so in time ill have a running buddy 😊
Old 05-05-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

may I add to prepare yourself to never relapse in the next 12-15 years.
I have no intention going backwards 😃 I'm moving on to a better life x
Old 05-05-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Enjoy the new pup! Austrailian's breed one heck of a herding dog.

I hear you about not going for a jog. I am lazy today, I should go for a jog or bike ride, but then I will want to clean and garden and be productive lol. Best not to yet
Old 05-05-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
I'm enrolling in puppy classes, also I've read loads of info, I'm so excited, I run as well so in time ill have a running buddy ��
That's good cuz she/he'll be high energy. I'm glad you did your research prior to getting any breed, many people don't know what to expect and end up surrendering their dog cuz of "not enough time/moving/too energetic/it sheds..."
My lab was high energy at first also (2-3 years), and we'd jog. They've always been sporty (hiking, swimming, jogging, snow shoeing), but at the end of the day, for me mid-level energy dogs are what I go for. With mental health issues,personally, a too high energy dog would not be suitable to my lifestyle and personality in general.
Glad you'll have a new or additional life partner. They may be work, but it's 100% worth it, and they will return the favor to you ten fold (if treated and cared for right) guaranteed.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

....other reason, some just find out they're allergic....a woman once came into a shelter I volunteered at and wanted her new dog PUT DOWN cuz it got car sick. No s***.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

....other reason, some just find out they're allergic....a woman once came into a shelter I volunteered at and wanted her new dog PUT DOWN cuz it got car sick. No s***.
Omg that's awful, I can't believe some people 😫
Old 05-06-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I know, you see some of the worst (apart animal abusers) of them there. Those who after a decade leave their dog...it really gets to me.
That woman was like, "Well, that's what you do here don't you?" referring to putting a healthy dog down.
Good luck, enjoy your new addition to the family and best to you in your journey to recovery!