Notices

soooo tired !

Old 11-20-2004, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

soooo tired !

This is my first time on this site , well any chat site for that matter. I dont really know how to type or express myself very well but we all got to start somewhere. I want to stay sober . Ive been sober for 3 days this time and came out of my last 6 day bender with my wife , kids and my job to still go back to . I know this is my last go at it before I loose everything. I want sobiety as much as everybody wants it for me . I always seem to have a hard time looking at the big picture and am very impulsive. I heard this once and explanies how i feel " cocanie feels like someone is shoving a gun down my throat and all i can think is ..Wow i like the taste of metal !!!!" Im ready for a change and would like some friendly words or advice . peace..
Old 11-20-2004, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mace,welcome to SoberRecovery.I can give you some advice in two words.Alcoholics Anonymous.http://www.theagapecenter.com/AAinCanada/Ontario.htm
Old 11-20-2004, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mace-- Welcome to SR. You will find lots of support from people who understand here.

It sounds like you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. That's a good start. That means you are willing to change. Being clean and sober takes a lot of courage and you have to really WANT it. It sounds like you do. Also, as we say in recovery-- YET. You haven't lost your job YET, you haven't lost your wife and kids YET. Many of us, including me, do lose those things. I hope and pray that you get the help you need to stay clean and sober now, before you do lose the things that mean the most to you. To that end, I cannot recommend NA enough. There you will find people who understand and the support that is so, so, so important to help you learn to live life without alcohol and drugs. My best advice is get to a meeting, get a sponsor and start working those steps. If that gun is down your throat, you never know when it will go off. You can stop playing Russian Roulette with your life (and the lives of your wife and kids) now. There is a way out. There is hope. May you find it now.

hugs,

jojo
Old 11-20-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Mace, and welcome to a fellow canadian.
I'm in Northern Ontario. I've got a few sober months now, and I'm grateful I found a way out of the nasty cycle.
I almost drank my life away.
I got help with other alcoholics and addicts in AA.
There's other support and recovery programs, and you'll find them listed on this site as well. So stay a while, and keep posting.
Glad you're here.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Just wanted to say welcome. We are glad you are here. I was at a meeting last night where 5 people picked up 24-hour coins. It was an amazing thing to see. Keep posting and let us get to know you. You will find a lot of support here.

Hugs--