Notices

Future Trippin

Old 05-02-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Future Trippin

I started getting in my head again today. I hate that. I’m somewhere around 5 months sober. I’m staying with my brother while I work on sobriety and my wife and I work on our marriage. I’m feeling really good but it’s so easy to get down and be inpatient. I remembered I hadn’t prayed in awhile so I talked to god for a bit. Joking around with my nieces improved my mood. I’m putting it in the hands of my higher power but at some point I have to do what it takes if I want my marriage to work.
Anyone relate?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most definitely. Part of it is because as an addict I'm used to instant gratification. Part of it is because I look back on the wasted time and money and have a tendency to micromanage future plans as a result. Of course part of it is because I'm impatient in general. Meditating helps me but the future tripping can be tricky to shake.

Right now I'm setting up my emergency fund after getting debt free. The problem is waiting every two weeks for my next paycheck so I can instantly deposit some cash into savings. Not only does the waiting suck but I am constantly on edge about spending a penny on anything. I've been driving my car like an old lady so I don't put any unnecessary wear and tear which equals potential repairs.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes.

Future trippin' is my enemy
Old 05-03-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

being of service to others is the tool God gives us to think less about ourselves and more about each other

gets us out of our own heads

Old 05-03-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

when i used to future trip, the scenario always ended up bad. i had a wee bit of a negative view on things going good for me. i still remember one time future trippin and i heard God laughin at me:"oh- so you know better than me how something is going to turn out?"
its a good reminder for me to stay in today. i can make plans for the future but planning the outcome screws me up every time.

good on ya for 5 months!

patience isnt about what im doing while im waiting.
its about what im thinking.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh boy do I. That's been my whole week! I've been saying that prayer every hour. Hang it there. I'm in with you. Kids do help!