Notices

Bad head day

Old 04-30-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Bad head day

hi feeling full of anxiety. Got some important stuff coming up in a few weeks. Stressing out finding it hard to hand over. Projection catastrophing and going over past mistakes that’s taken me here. Still sober though don’t want a drunk just feel so worried and iv got weeks of this to go before I know where I stand. Scary and fearful and needless to say none of it would be happening if alcohol wasn’t a problem for me or alcoholism. True that drinking causes sooooo much drama chaos and pain. Wish I’d never ever ever tried it. But I’m not drinking so il cling on to that and be great sul because it could be worse
Old 04-30-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. There's nothing a drink will make better.
And, yes, things can always be worse.
Best to you.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel for you eve, important deadlines like that really bring up the stress in me, too. If you have help or at least feedback on where you stand now at this point out, ask for it. Putting everything on our shoulders alone is an error that I fall prey to when dealing with big projects. Things will turn out fine, I'm confident in your attention to what has to be done. Take times out to do something that will make you relax a little.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thabks ghost and gurn. Just awful consequences and regrets anxiety off the scale. Wish I had done things different wish I’d known the devestated next and pain alcohol causes. I just didn’t understand. Just stupid maybe selfish. Just knowing that I caused all this pain by picking up that stuff
Old 04-30-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, eve, I feel for you. I wish I had never touched alcohol either. But I did, and would for thirty years.
I know all too well the regrets and anxiety. The self-loathing. The pain.
You're not alone here.
Things will get better if you just don't pick up that first drink. I promise.
No matter how big a mess I made of my life, drinking made it even worse.
Now, ten years sober things are good, not great, but good.
I wish the best for you, and please don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Many of us alcoholics have experienced what you are going through eve, you are not alone. I suppose one thing to bear in mind is that sober people make mistakes and have regrets too so it is not just limited to us.

The really positive thing I can say is that if you have stayed sober when you arrive at and pass those important dates you will get a real positive feeling of achievement and you will have earned it too.

Hang in there and good luck!