Notices

Hello Again

Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Hello Again

It’s been a good long while since I’ve posted on here. The last year and a half of graduate school have consumed my life rather completely, and sadly, I’ve not made time for activities like checking in on here. But, I graduate next month, and my Psychotherapy private practice is opening in June. When I hit three years in February, I did some math, and the day of my graduation will be exactly the same time sober as I had when I took my first drink after moving to Colorado. The difference is, I’m actually actively working on my recovery every day this time around. And in my internship, I’ve been working with some clients who are really struggling with their addictions. It has been difficult at times seeing people stuck in the, “It’s destroying my life, but I don’t know what to do” hell of addiction. But, it’s also been very powerful to look at where I was just a few years ago, and to recognize that now I’m in a position to offer care to people suffering under the burden of addiction. And, I’ve seen some close friends in this graduate program struggle with addiction in heartbreaking relapses trying to cope with the stress of this field. It gives me a greater appreciation for the work that we all do, battling against our addictions every day. But, I got my legs back underneath me on 2/25/16, and I swore to myself that I would use my 100th second chance to offer help and hope to those still struggling to get another first day. And here I am. I’m thankful every morning that I wake up steady-handed and clear-headed, and every night when I go to bed sober free from shame.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! What a journey
Old 04-25-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pleased to hear you're doing well.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow congratulations on everything SH

D
Old 04-26-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great. Congrats on graduating.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post 🙏
Old 04-26-2019, 02:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love this!! Thank you for sharing, congratulations- and thank you- for all you are doing, and best of luck in your practice- and continued diligence in your recovery. I'm only a few days "ahead" of you and this year has proven to be another full of discovery and gratitude (with different frustrations etc but..better still!).