Notices

day 14 - not sure what to do

Old 04-21-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 14 - not sure what to do

Still going guys.. I am determined to change my life.

Just got a call with another job offer to sell gym memberships. after a year of car sales i think i hate sales but other than that.. i'm not sure what else to do besides going back to school which isn't going to happen right now anyways.

i'm on EI which means i have some income coming in but sitting at home is boring (been almost 2 months now without a FT job.)

honestly not sure what to do right now. keep looking? take this job?

i'm going to go work out and mull it over.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have just got two weeks. The same - I do not like my job, so I plan to change this before end of year. Part of my sobriety plan!

Allways I think it is easier to go from one job to another one if you are already in a job, so maybe take job unless you really really hate it, and try then to find another one ??

For me I dont know what I want - I do know what I DONT want ! - I am thinking something not in office because it is so life-less. But that is just me.

I also think that ideas will come because I dont have all the ideas yet, like you maybe. I am two weeks sober. I just need patience now. But also I will have to make the changes happen, or I will have same life without alcohol, and that is not what I stop drinking for!

I have a notebook. On one page I have list of what I might like to do. Maybe some things will not be possible. If I want to train for something how can I do this ? can I do part-time work to pay bills at same time? can I live on less while I train ? and on and on....

And maybe I will go back to study, as 'mature' student maybe. But not yet until I have a plan and more time away from drink. maybe next year ? maybe I can save and arrange part-time work to help pay bills. And maybe studying again could be fun!!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure anyone can advise you ready cos there's no really right answer.

If it helps look at it from a recovery point of view - would a full time job help your recovery right now or would the stress of a new job/new people/sales make it more challenging to stay sober?

congrats on 2 weeks.

D
Old 04-22-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How about take it AND keep looking? I ended up having to do that because I was at about $3.00 in the bank, and while my job isn't ideal, its money and its experience.