Notices

Having a little trouble finding my place

Old 11-20-2004, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Having a little trouble finding my place

Hi!!
I am new to this site and new to the whole recovery scene. I was suffering from what the "professionals" say was a chemical dependency??? However they are directing me to get involved in a recovery program and I just don't know where to turn. I was taking prescription pain medication and definately developed a tolerance for it. Unfortunately I suffered a siezure from taking a higher dose of ultram. This happened 7 months ago. I stopped the medication immediately it didn't feel all that great but since I have gotten it all out of my system I have no desire to take medication. The downside for me right now is that because I was a health care professional myself I am facing all kinds of formal dicplinary actions against me. This creates so much anxiety I can hardly stand it. It is real difficult to stay positive about yourself and get on with life when there are all kinds of fingers being pointed at you. I tried to go to a NA meeting last night and did not feel at all comfortable. I feel very alone right now. There has to be other people in this situation. I would appreciate any feedback!!!!!
Thanks
Old 11-20-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome!
Your not alone for one! There are many that have gone through and come out of this with great results. Yes, until you prove your on the right track of remaining clean, finding a means of support, and with time, the finger pointing will eventually stop. NA meetings are a great place to start setting this example, there's an old saying: "fake it till you make it!" Other options are counseling and therapy. Most can't go it alone, find some means of support that will allow you to work through these feelings. Again, your not alone!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fearless,

Welcome!

I think many of us have to deal with problems we created when we were abusing drugs/alcohol. I know I have had things to deal with that have caused me huge anxiety too. I believe it has led me to follow a more spiritual path and to look at the things that happen in my life in a spiritual way and part of a larger picture than just me here on earth right now.

There's lots of positive support to be found here so keep visiting.

Anna
Old 11-20-2004, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try some diiferent meetings http://www.theagapecenter.com/NAinUSA/Pennsylvania.htmEvery meeting is different.I didnt feel comfortable either in the beginning.Like Chy said"fake it till you make it" I found out the hard way this is something I cannot do alone.Perhaps you can also try AA if you dont care for NA.http://www.theagapecenter.com/AAinUSA/Pennsylvania.htm