Notices

Almost 2 years! This is my

Old 04-20-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Almost 2 years! This is my

story. Coming up for 2 years on June 25th. Drank for most of my adult life. Binge drinking wine mostly on Friday/Saturday night, occasional weekday. I was a functioning alcoholic. Partied pretty hard in my 20's as I worked in that environment, and believe that is really where it all began. Raised my children on my own mostly, after 2 failed marriages. Both were abusers physically and mentally. I had tried to get sober one time before on my own and it lasted a month. Years later on the morning of June 25th 2017 something switched in my head. I woke up and told myself this is it, DONE! I managed to do this on my own. (I honestly think I had angels watching over me that morning) To this day I have had no desire to pick up a drink, and have not. I am one of the very lucky ones. 40 years of binge drinking. I have seen many stories of losing hope on here, but I would like to encourage all of you to please do not give up hope. Where there is a will there is a way, Your journey may not be mine, but keep going, don't give up! There is ALWAYS hope. Just Believe!

Last edited by bohochic; 04-20-2019 at 07:47 AM. Reason: re-word
Old 04-20-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, bohochic - I'm so glad you joined us.

Congratulations for making that huge decision to change your life - 2 yrs. ago. I drank 30 yrs. & had a similar experience when I decided to stop. One day it was just over - I knew I'd be shortening my life & causing more misery if I continued. I know others will be encouraged by your story - thank you.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family and congrats on two years sober!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post! 🙏
Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!! Inspiring!!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am glad to be here. I hope along the way that I may help some with my story and strength that Sober life has now given me. Believe you me, if I can do it, please believe YOU can do it. We all got this! xoxo
Old 04-20-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes you can and it is a wonderful thing.
Action
Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amen Sister,

Thanks for a great post and congrats on 2 yrs!
Old 04-20-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations and welcome bohochic

D
Old 04-20-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks so much for this post!

I really needed it today.

Thanks very much and continued blessings on your journey!
Old 04-20-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dandelion12 View Post
Wow, thanks so much for this post!

I really needed it today.

Thanks very much and continued blessings on your journey!
You are more than welcome. I am so glad that it helped you today. Stay strong and keep the faith. You WILL get through your struggle. I truly believe that.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome, bohochic - I'm so glad you joined us.

Congratulations for making that huge decision to change your life - 2 yrs. ago. I drank 30 yrs. & had a similar experience when I decided to stop. One day it was just over - I knew I'd be shortening my life & causing more misery if I continued. I know others will be encouraged by your story - thank you.
Congrats Hevyn! I cannot believe how much life has changed since that final day. I am so glad you also found your way. I have been here for a while reading stories about people that have no hope or cannot see life without drink. I too felt that way...like what will I look forward to after work, or on Friday now. The thing is that I realized that I could NOT drink normal and that over time it destroys so many things in our lives from health to relationships and sadly death many times. So many are struggling here who seriously want to get sober and I KNOW that they all can make the change and have a GOOD life after this disease. It is not easy, BUT with time, support and a will to try, things do get better.

Unfortunately I have also seen a member who has had so much support on here for years now, and clearly uses every excuse to not quit. From pay day to stuffing up, to ex issues, to parent issues to children issues , to stalking issues, etc. There HAS to be effort and an honest "want" to quit, not excuses to drink.

Anyone reading this please keep the faith. Like I said in my original post..."If I can do it , anyone can".
Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)