Notices

Seeking others in Recovery to talk to

Old 04-12-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seeking others in Recovery to talk to

Hey family,

First of all I just want to say I'm really grateful for these forums and the strength and hope we can all provide each other. I'm nearing on 60 days and I am actively in recovery working with a sponsor. I am in a bit of a unique situation as I am living in Mexico at the moment and have no access to meetings. I go to online meetings every day and I am working the steps remotely. My sponsor recommends that I talk to at least one other person in recovery daily and I don't have many available in physical presence. I'd love more people to talk to. Basically anywhere in your recovery is fine by me. Whether you are brand new or have years clean, I'd just love more folks to chat with about recovery and offering each other strength, support, and hope. If you'd like to, I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a private message if this resonates.
Peace and Love,
Mark
Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 8 here

Hello Mark,
60 days, fabuloso!
Sounds like you are doing well, and reaching out. I have been a bit more bold and out reaching these past 8 days. I think real confidence is growing.
Last thought, I am trying the keto diet and that keeps my cravings at bay.

Bless you, Robin
Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mark
congrats on 60 days

I just wanted to say you can start a thread anytime you like on any recovery topic - you'll get a number of responses

D
Old 04-12-2019, 11:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days! I'm not a big fan of messaging but I like to post here every day to get some sense of community and giving back. its a good idea
Old 04-12-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow! - 60 days is great. I am just 7 days, but where I live and also is not so easy. when you say 'meetings' do you mean 'AA meetings ?' - I have not tried AA yet, I am going to try a meeting tomorrow. Maybe it is for me, maybe not (to be honest I think probably it is not from what I hear and read) - but this forum is a real life-line this last week.
So I totally understand importance of being connected to other alcoholics. I honestly dont think I would have made 1 week without this.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days Mark
Old 04-13-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey there! I am taking Narcotics Anonymous meetings online, but honestly it is all the same. The NA meetings include Alcohol.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats and welcome!!

Youve found yourself a great source of support and sober community.