Notices

Days off work at Day 11

Old 04-10-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Days off work at Day 11

Hi - so my physical symptoms have died down... surfing the emotional symptoms though still.. some really big waves I've started counselling which is good. But still feel so ... **** some of the time. Do/did you guys ever take a day off work for Sobriety? Just feel anxious, sad, mixed up, and like I need a day to catch up. Thanks for listening..... this is the hardest thing I've done....
Old 04-10-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I took a lot of time to recharge. If you have vacation time, maybe now is the time to take a couple days?

Day 11 is awesome, you're doing great! I was nowhere near okay at Day 11: I was nowhere near okay for at least a month but keep it going, the only way out is through it.

Continuous sober time is the way to healing.

I made sure I was eating as well as I could, staying hydrated and I took walks outside every day - which helped tremendously. I listened to quiet instrumental music and I stayed away from quarrelsome people.

Keep posting, it helps!
Old 04-10-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here! And, yes, a day off for sobriety is totally ok. Because that is what mattered most- to me, finally, and I had to put it first.

If you are working and can't take that day off- really, truly can't, not just are reluctant to - then taking it as slow as possible is what I did when I went back to work. Even one task at a time. Whatever it takes to stay as even feeling as possible.

11 days is awesome - keep going. When I was off work, whatever it took to occupy my mind and even just time was OK during the first while - and now, some days, too! It means diff stuff now, but some days I just feel [not good in some way!].

Glad you are sharing. We get it!
Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that resting and recharging is so very important in early recovery. I had to learn to listen to my body and to respond to its needs. Congratulations on Day 11.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

If you can, and feel like it would be ok for you to not be occupied at work without risking drinking, I'd do it. Self-care is so important early on. Having a day to recharge, rest, eat well, go for a walk - maybe hit a meeting if you're into that - great idea. I wasn't working full-time when I quit, so I had lots of time for these activities. It helped a ton.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better peaceandfreedom - trust us!

D
Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh yes Peace. I wish I could take the next 6 months off to just work on me. Just being me is a full time job.

You do what you need to surround yourself with people who understand. It will get better. It really will.

We weren't designed to do hard all by ourselves.
xoxo