Notices

Day 7 starting here

Old 04-06-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 7 starting here

Hey everyone...

So last night, I was feeling incredibly anxious and depressed. Racing thoughts, heart palpitations, etc. Kept waking up throughout the night with the same. Surely I should be finished with these by now on Day 7?

My skin looks awful, blotchy and acne in a few places.

I feel so 'naked' emotionally and its an awful feeling. I feel fear I think, scared to be in this world right now feeling so vulnerable.

I'm not feeling much hope to be honest for the future, if its going to be like this

Anyone have any words that might help this? I feel truly awful.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats on 7 days! Your body is healing. Alcohol takes a tremendous toll on the cells of the body and the chemistry of the brain. Give it time and take real good care of yourself. Eat clean and drink lots of water. I drink coconut water. Try to avoid too much sugars and caffeine. I drink detox and calming teas. Don't push yourself too hard. You will start to feel better in the coming weeks. Take it day by day. Stay with us! The future is bright!
Old 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the eve of completing one week of sobriety. The good news is this is going to be the hardest week of all. Keep working at your sobriety and the weeks will keep getting better.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is not how you are always going to feel. This is a temporary bump in the road, stay sober and it will get better.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling really strong paranoia that the guy I'm seeing (For 6 months but taking it slow) is seeing other girls. I've always been paranoid in relationships to some degree, but this time it feels so much stronger, I'm pretty sure cos I'm newly sober. It's the worst feeling. I can't ask him about it, because well, these are my feelings and I need to learn to deal with them. Wondering if it's something that is needed to be breaking up over? I think I'd regret it if I broke up with someone over my own insecurities though.. its just finding a way to deal with them that's the hard part right now
Old 04-06-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

since you are taking it slow, keep doing that. right NOW you need to focus on YOU, and your precious newly hatched sobriety. it's like someone has placed a baby bird in your outstretched hands. treat it gently, lovingly, feed it well, protect it.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not to put anyone off but my first 30 days were a lot like that.
I think you're doing fine peaceandfreedom

D
Old 04-06-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Not to put anyone off but my first 30 days were a lot like that.
I think you're doing fine peaceandfreedom

D
Dee did you feel paranoid too in your first 30 days? or very much increased anxiety etc?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had both really PF... I was scared of dying so much...it got progressively better tho

hang in there

D