Notices

Day 5 - Check In

Old 04-01-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 - Check In

So its been 5 days as of today. It would usually be something over the weekend that would light the fire under me to start drinking. I've been doing a lot of soul searching I guess is the phrase, and I know its about action not searching or just talking about it. Do I want to be sober and have sobriety yes I do. I'd love peace and tranquility in my life as well as the others around me. Whatever things I have overcome in my life this has been by far the toughest of them all. My 30's have been a roller coaster. How about I stop before I hit my 40s as I'm turning 39 this year. I had a great day at work, and got some good news today at least from an unexpected source. I'll take it whenever I can. My wife just wants a regular happy family, but I'm the one that keeps on with the BS. I couldn't imagine ever seeing someone with so much patience as her. Even my sponsor is amazed.

Well I'll continue to on to day 6 tomorrow.

Thanks everyone
Old 04-01-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep at it!

Be proud of those sober days.

I am also amazed constantly that the women in my life have put up with me.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Five days is great!
Yes, you should be proud.
I'm surprised anyone put up with me while I was drinking, besides my drunken friends that is.
Keep it up, it only gets better.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is great getright15. Congrats. 6 days is pretty amazing. Definitely get this behind you. Your 40's are an amazing decade of your life and I would give anything to have lived it sober and healthy and at peace. You can do that and you should. Drinking is a prison and you are out now. Run the other way. I hope you have a plan for when the demons come. Getting through those daily cravings and triggering moments are tough, but just play the tape forward in your head if you were to drink again? What would things be like 24 hours from now? Good luck and post often her on SR. Great support here.