Notices

Day 2

Old 03-31-2019, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 2

Hey guys.... on Day 2 here. I had 5 days sober last week and then drank for 2 days (had several drinks). Prepared properly this time, have valium if needed from the Dr, and nutritious foods. Currently in a bit of a 'new' relationship with an old boyfriend.... it wasn't making me feel safe and comfy when I was drinking lots. So it's still not making me feel safe or comfortable now... I feel extra sensitive actually now which isn't great. I feel more worried if I let myself, should I just try and accept how I"m feeling and see it as temporary (just withdrawals) ?

I know as an alcoholic I had a tendency to act impulsively/instant gratification and probably would be breaking up with him. Actually much of the motivation I have to be sober is to be able to make well thought out decisions without alcohol clouding my judgement....

Feel really sad and ..despairing that I'm going to always feel like this. I've been in this relationship with him for around 6 months, and me sobering up is my final move I can do before I make a decision. I don't feel strong right now, sad, confused, scared basically.... thanks for listening
Old 03-31-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey peace and freedom - this is not the best its going to get - I promise.
2 days in seems like an eternity but it's not...hang in there...keep the faith

D
Old 03-31-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dunno, maybe ditch the guy if you don't love the guy? Sounds like a comfy security blanket - like booze - that does you no favours in the long run. Obviously I don't know you or your situation personally, though. But I wish you well.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling such strong strong emotions stronger than I felt even with alcohol (And those were pretty strong!!!)
Old 03-31-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So you love him? And wanna get sober? Then fair enough. Fight for both.