Notices

Update on original post "Day 3"

Old 03-30-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on original post "Day 3"

Update
I have not had a beer since 3/26. The day I posted this thread, I came home from work and had a literal sip of a beer, sat it down and never touched it again. I have not drank and i feel fantastic. Yesterday I went to my sisters for dinner and didn't take a cooler with me. I had a bottle of water and a cup of coffee. I find myself thinking about all the things that i want to do and goals I'm coming up with..which in the past when I've tried to stop all I could think about was not being able to drink in certain settings and social situations and it depressed me. I feel like a new person, and am really looking forward to trying to get to know myself and feel comfortable in my own sober skin. I plan on seeing a counselor, but I feel like I need to soberly evaluate any issues and feel the things I'm usually numb to for a while. I don't even know my sober self and I have been a drunk for so long my friends and family don't really either. I will say medical cannabis has helped my anxiety, tremors and sleep problems. I can still feel my body getting rid of the toxins. Today is the first Saturday I woke up without a hangover in.. I couldn't say how long. And all that money I saved on beer this week alone bought me a new game console to keep myself occupied this cold, dreary weekend. Thanks to all for the support!!!!
-Lucy
Old 03-30-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good start Lucy

D