Notices

Hope this helps someone

Old 03-29-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope this helps someone

Good morning all - at least morning in the UK.

I do apologise I have not participated in the group for a couple of months (I think it must be about that - not sure exactly!).

In the past my 'not participating' has been because I've fallen off the wagon and too ashamed to post. In this instance it is the complete opposite.

I have left my job (lots of 'Negative-Nancy's' ) and am now working from home doing sub-titles for films, TV shows and corporate training videos. The pay is rubbish - have to work around 70-80 hours for a living wage. I also have no 'human contact' for most of each of every day. BUT I have FULL control of every hour of every day. I do 'get' this won't serve some (most?) people, but it is what works for me! I live on my own with a Uni-aged son who gets home when he can but not often - he is involved in the Student Union, Gay Pride, his own business promoting diversity, charity work in Uganda etc etc (and yes, studying!!).

When I have spare time I catch up with my mum (she has never understood my alcoholism but she loves me whatever) - see her and my dad (who turned 82 two weeks ago) a couple of times a week. Take part in a Rock choir once a week so not totally isolated.

All sounds not related to this group - but it truly is. While I may not be posting, not even in the 24 hour thread, I do read the posts here and get strength from here.

I first registered here in 2015. The night of Katy Perry's 'Nazi-shark' debacle! And I registered so many times since then. BUT January 2019 things finally 'worked'.

I do apologise for my ramblings., just wanted to inspire hope in everyone.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time StartANew. I hope it will serve you in good stead for when you life expands again

D