Give Yourself a Little Joy

Old 03-27-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thumbs up Give Yourself a Little Joy

Give yourself a little joy

Tend to the important things, the serious matters, the consequential tasks. But don’t neglect yourself in the process.

In order to be a positive influence, you have to come from a positive place. Give yourself the time, the care, the space to maintain that positive presence.

It’s tempting to put off the simple enjoyment of life until all the problems are solved. But though you can make much progress, the problems will never all be solved.

Give quality time and attention to your own life, not later, but now. Make yourself able to be there for others by being good to yourself.

Though the demands are high and your resources are limited, there are plenty of ways to take good care of yourself. Refuse to use anything as an excuse for neglecting nutrition, exercise, family, friends, and enjoyable moments.

Remember to give yourself a little joy today, and every day. It will help renew your supply of energy to continue making a positive difference in life.

— Ralph Marston
Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It’s tempting to put off the simple enjoyment of life until all the problems are solved. But though you can make much progress, the problems will never all be solved.
In my dark days of codependency, I was so busy trying to control the madness and insanity of addiction in my son, and busy trying to keep my own professional life solvent, and busy taking care of my aging mother....that at the end of the day there was never any time or energy left for me.

But...there WAS....if I only had stopped long enough to make time, I could have. If I had simply let go of obsessing over my son's addiction for one hour or one day...if I allowed my business to run without me sometimes, I paid for good people to assist me...if I had kept one visit with my mother brief, knowing she was surrounded by good care...I could have made time for me.

My mind didn't see it that way. It scoffed at the idea of having fun, how could I have fun when my world was in chaos? It scoffed at taking the time to just "be" with nature and let the quietude and calmness that comes with a beach, a forest, a garden, a chapel in the woods come...if I wrapped myself in it all and set my troubles aside for just one hour or better, one day...what a huge difference it might have made in my life.

Recovery may have come sooner and easier and with better reception from me.

Today I make as much time as I need for "me" each day, every single day, to just pause in quietude or nature and give thanks for a beautiful world that I was too blind and busy to see in years gone by.

Think about it. Think of how you can plan to take one hour, two hours, for a walk, to find a quiet spot of meditation.

What if! What if you let your troubles sit inside while you took time to get outdoors and just find that moment of peace that we all dream about?

It can be done. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can do it. Yes you can!

Share some ideas, even I can use a fresh approach some days and I'd love to hear how you plan to give yourself the time you deserve, quality time just for you.

Hugs
Old 03-28-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was reading in one of my devotionals the idea of "fasting" from disappointment.

It made a difference for me in that instead of dwelling on all that disappoints me about my life and my loved-one addict, I thought more about acceptance and gratitude and discovered that there was joy behind it.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks Ann