Notices

checking in and update

Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checking in and update

I haven't been on here in a few weeks so I am just checking in. I am starting week 5 of my IOP treatment and haven't had a drink in 38 days.

IOP is great and I recommend it to anyone who is trying to get sober. I tried on my own for almost 3 years without any sustained results. I am also attending a couple of AA meetings a week.

I am struggling with the concept of forever but trying to focus on today. I can handle today without drinking. I feel like I am tip toeing through for right now but I am confident that if I stay resilient I will get there.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're doing great. That is excellent news, so good for you.
And congratulations on thirty eight days. Pretty darn good, be proud of yourself.
Yes, the concept of forever can be daunting, but as you're doing, just don't drink today.
Thanks for the great update.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats on 38 days! Keep up the good fight!
Old 03-25-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fabulous !! 38 days.. Inpatient rehab saved me. Learnt so much about addiction, the brain, lectures, AA,NA, sex , food, gaming addiction etc.. It changed tbe way I approacn and look at sobriety. Forever was daunting to me as well. Today at 138 days its not daunting at all. I took all the drugs possible drank for 30 years + and used to be in the club scene. This is far better. Nice to be calm amd have my **** together. Alcohol can not give me any of this. So why have it..
well done you and keep going 👍
Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are finding the IOP program helpful. Good job on getting to Day 38, and I'm glad you're feeling good about things.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi! Congrats on 38 days! Im glad you're finding IOP is working! I am being required by job to take iop (my assessment is scheduled for April 1st). I keep trying to quit by myself and its not working. My binges have gotten worse and closer together. I was fired from my job last Friday but they called me in today to talk. They are going to let me keep my job but.i have to do iop, go to at least 2 meetings per week and submit to alcohol urine tests. Im so extremely grateful for this chance at getting help and that i still have a job to go to! Im about to go into an AA meeting right now...was reading posts on here before i went in. Im so looking forward to staying sober. This is day one for me. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling pretty good but making sure to keep an even keel. Staying away from the highs and lows.

Katlyne, The best piece of advice I got was to keep an open mind about everything. I failed miserably by myself so I decided to entertain any ideas that were thrown at me for staying sober and living a better life. Even tried the acupuncture at IOP.

I have met the best people in treatment that have, like me, done some not so good things in their past. I have formed friendships with people that I would have never met and been open and honest with all of them in a way I never have with anyone.

Good luck and take full advantage of everything in front of you.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good going on 38 days!

IOP and AA helped me immensely. I had never really tried to quit for good before I went to IOP. I had tried to cut back and moderate more times than I could count, and that was not working. I realized things were getting worse and worse, and that consequences were really starting to pile up and got to the point where I could not take it anymore. So I made the decision to quit completely, and knew I would need as much help as I could get. It's not impossible to go it alone, but why would you, when there's help available? Having an open mind, making connections with others in the same situation, surrendering to the help - these things will take you far.