Notices

90 days sober

Old 03-24-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days sober

Hi all , 89 days sober today , does it get better ?
Old 03-24-2019, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Heck, yes!!!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes sir! Please keep it going. The posts about the AV have resonated with me & helped me continue.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zyzz - I'm a few weeks away from 12 years - yes it gets better - a lot better
At 90-120 days the ups and downs levelled out a lot for me - hope you find the same

welcome aboard

D
Old 03-24-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great job Z! xx
Old 03-24-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

zyz,

It was different for me. I felt progress every day, but I didn't really start feeling mostly amazing until 2 years.

Still these days I get weirded out sometimes and want to drink over it, but I know what is waiting for me if I go down that road again.

I don't drink anymore.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job and a big YES.

My first major jump forward was around 100 days. I've found that a mark around some of the major milestones (90 days, 9 mo, a year, 2 yr....) even more memorable in terms of progress. 35-38 mo (so the past three) have proven to be my best place in recovery so far.

It takes time- and patience is hard for us alcoholics!

My fundamental program is AA - do you have one? Most of us around here will tell you that some kind of action program is critical - and for sure, makes recovery more understandable and doable, day to day and increasingly in a bigger picture we get to see.

Keep going. One of the things "it keeps getting better" means to me is that everything gets so much clearer. Being able to make good decisions, to find peace, to just deal with life...some of the rewards I have found.

Glad you are here.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family and congrats on three months sober! And yes, it gets better.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes indeed, Zyzz. I drank 30 yrs. & was very disoriented in the early days. I never went back to drinking, though. You'll go through many phases as you heal. Stay with us for encouragement & support. Welcome!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Zyzz,
Got my 90 today so I’m with you. For me things are improving dramatically. I am doing one day at a time. I retired early so I have time to focus on my health now and getting right. I do slow walking, DDP yoga and started a diet (anti inflammatory). Reading a lot about recovery and self help too You may look into trying these in your recovery. I feel better. Also I cut out toxic friends and family members who were primary triggers to go out and use. All the best in your recovery.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree with the others. I think the clarity really starts around 3 months. It does get better and easier. I now at almost 5 months can see clearly why I am doing this and reaping the benefits. I work on my recovery daily. Its my priority one. The first thing in the morning and last thing before going to bed. I am so greatful for my sobriety and cherish and nourish it like a child. This is what life is supposed to be like.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are only getting out of the woods. Yes it truly not only getsbetter, it becomes amazing. Keep pushing.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Zyz,

I will be celebrating two years of sobriety soon. For my first birthday I was on cloud nine and currently I feel a thousand times better. When I reflect on how much progress I've made physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially I have to pinch myself. I still can't believe I have the life I currently do.

Alcohol is dead to me.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Well done on 90 days. I never expected to make it that far. When, much to my surprise, I discovered I had made it, there came the sudden realisation that everything had changed. I was well into the program of recovery I had chosen.

I was talking to my son about this just last night. Life had been such a drag. It seemed to be a never ending series of tasks I had to do that I didn't enjoy and didn't seem to have any purpose or direction. An unrewarding existence, drag myself out of bed, go to a job I didn't like, work beside people I didn't really like, go home, cook something, watch some tv, sleep. In a way it was like being lost and drifting.

One of the big change was that I was possessed with a new purpose, a feeling that at last I was on the right track. That has stayed with me ever since.

One way of looking at your question might be an anolgy with a car. Lets say 90 days ago, you realised your car was running rough, and you asked the same question 90 days hence. If you continued to use it as is, the chances ae not only will it not be running better, it may well have got worse. On the other hand if you had clearly defined the problem and taken action to repair it, then it will of course be running much better.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Hi all , 89 days sober today , does it get better ?
most definetely it got better in T.I.M.E.
it can also get worse if i take another drink
Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How's the last 24 hrs gone Z? Is today actually 90? I noticed the time stamp from your OP as just before 6am my time.

Glad you are here- keep us posted!