Notices

Day 1

Old 03-20-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Drunk last night had money taken from me. Called in sick had a bollicking from the boss. Spent all day in my bedroom.

Moderation is not possible for me never has been. I’m rea hing the end of the Road.

Tried AA that did not work. Tried praying to god on my knees that worked once for 22 days.

Ive had 22 years of this misery!
Old 03-20-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try AA again. AA's not broke..
Old 03-20-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know how you feel all too well. Except AA worked for me, thank God. So did prayer.
I had thirty years of that misery, so I know of what I speak.
Yes, try AA again. Couldn't hurt.
Best to you.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Stable,

I needed something to fill the witching hours. During the week those were between work and bed time.

I took up fitness. Now I don't need to work out to get through. I still do, I also enjoy quiet time.

I ate all the time as well. Snacks in the car. Lots of sweets. I ate when I craved. So I ate all the time.

It took a while and got better. The whole time i was going insane. If i went to the Dr. I would have been given meds. I probably would have drank while on them.

That would have ended me. Sr saved me.

I keep reading, eating, exercising, and posting.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Stable. I hope you'll stay around & keep talking. You're never alone - we've all been through it.

Admitting moderation wasn't possible was what finally led me to lasting sobriety. I drank 30 years - and most of them were spent trying to be a social drinker. For us, it can never happen. You've learned something valuable, and you can get free. Glad to have you here.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm not in AA, but have been in the past and I know that AA does not 'work' - you have to 'work it'. Go back with an open mind and a willing heart and just listen. Can't hurt and might help.

Or just post here every day, and especially post if you feel like drinking. We'll try to talk you out of it.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are all rooting for you.

Congrats on day one
Old 03-21-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

AA works. Try it again. I can relate to every single thing you wrote. Tomorrow I celebrate 13 years sobriety and I have no desire to drink and haven't had for most of those 13 years...it used to be I could only do 3 days max. Always lying, hiding, ashamed, fearful. There is a better way. And it works.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are here.

As someone who balked at AA for ages, for no good reason than I wanted to keep drinking....and someone who chose not to "try" it but to commit to it...it works for me.

What did you DO to start an AA program? A reason that the 90 mtgs and 90 days, get a sponsor, work the steps program is suggested that way is because that saying "it works if you work it" (while grating perhaps) is true.

What are your Day 1 plans?