Notices

Struggling with eating

Old 03-17-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling with eating

16 months sober, been struggling to eat healthy. Just find my only solace is food, order allot of pizza I am slighlty over weight 92kg 5-11 ft-in. Food us the only thing that brings me solace I suffer from depression I try excerices but that feel out of reach at my lowest moments when everything feels pointless
Old 03-17-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe go out and try different healthy foods or try cooking some? I love food too, and enjoy cooking different recipes.
As to exercise, a nice walk every day lifts my spirits. I also listen to guided meditation.

I’m sorry some things seem pointless. Maybe see a counselor to address why?
Old 03-17-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd suggest seeing your doctor to rule out physical causes for what seems like depression to me.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well, since you like pizza, start looking at recipes to make pizza at home. it's a place to START. really investigate spices....those are key to good, yummy homemade food. yes it will take time, but the result is worth it. you can start with pre-made doughs and just focus on building the sauce. use fresh herbs. you don't have to learn how to make your own pepperoni!!! unless you want to.

while eating healthy is your goal, just start with creating your own meals. with your hands. watch what happens. and embrace the mistakes!!!
Old 03-17-2019, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
well, since you like pizza, start looking at recipes to make pizza at home. it's a place to START. really investigate spices....those are key to good, yummy homemade food. yes it will take time, but the result is worth it. you can start with pre-made doughs and just focus on building the sauce. use fresh herbs. you don't have to learn how to make your own pepperoni!!! unless you want to.
This is a great idea and remember you can freeze them and cook them when you are having one of "those days" as well.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am EXACTLY the same.

Food can definitely be abused as alcohol is. After you are on the sober train for long enough to feel like it has traction you may need to look into some dieting methods that work well for you.

As for the depression I can't say I have found the answer to that myself.

Stay strong friend.