Notices

Hello, im new here.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, im new here.

Hello there everyone.

hi

I'm a new member. I'm currently suffering with alcohol addiction. This week seems to be one of the worst I've had in a long time. Well I guess I'll start back in November, I've been drinking heavily for about a year-and-a-half almost two. But in November I lost my job, not due to alcohol due to New management but none the less I lost my job that I worked at for 16 years. Needless to say it hit me pretty hard and I'm already pretty weak at the moment so....

I'm not quite sure what started it all ....... I was always really good at being able to stop drinking. I was the person that looked out for everybody else. Now im the person that no one wants to be around. Now I feel like I'm the person that people don't want their spouses around because my behavior might encourage them to drink. Im not an encourager or anything I'm just drinking all the time so I feel like people think they need to be drunk to be around me.

All I know is that it's 5 a.m. and once again I passed out drunk and now I'm up because I can't sleep. Sitting with a glass of vodka barely paying attention to the TV wondering when things are going to get better. I hate the most that I don't know who I am anymore, well lifes always been pretty hard, I'm bipolar and I have OCD. I always thought as long as I didn't have some type of addiction I be okay but all that's gone out the window now. I want to get sober I really do. I'm scared.

I just want to say that I'm new here and I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to post this kind of thing in this section, I don't want to depress anyone and if I did I'm sorry in advance. I really am. Thanks.

so thanks for reading if you taken the time to I'm open to feedback.

- b
Old 03-13-2019, 02:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Wallie and welcome. I think your first post is terrific. Not that it describes a good situation. You realize you need help. That's why this forum exists. I hope you stick around for a while. This place is full of good folks who want to help.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Wallie.

It was on a morning not too dissimilar to yours that I found SR

I was so flabbergasted by the fact that there were people here who were just like me, who understood my problem....and that even more astonishing there were people here who'd managed to leave drinking behind.

12 years later I'm still here, but in a much more together and happier place.

My advice is to read around as much as you can & ask as many questions as you like ...you're among friends here

D
Old 03-13-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Wallie and welcome to SR! Glad you are here!
Your post was perfect. It is great that you are honest and that you have reached out for support. We are here 24/7 so post anytime you need to express yourself! There is no judgement here. We all can relate and you are never alone. Stay with us! Remember "nothing changes if nothing changes"! What are you going to change today?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here. I hope we can help you get sober for good.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I have mental health issues myself, and drank to self-medicate for thirty years until I got help and found the right meds.
But I still drank.
I've been sober now for over ten years and things are pretty good.
Are you getting help with your bipolar? I hope so.
You're among folks who understand, so post away about whatever's on your mind.
We're here to help.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Wallie. I’m glad you are here. Read the forums, read what other people are going through. You are among friends here at SR.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR Wallie, I was where you are a few years ago.

How are you today?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Wallie.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome