Notices

Please help me

Old 03-12-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help me

Im a alcoholic i cant cope anymore ive been in bed for 2 days off work just drinking wine, to stop myself feeling ill, im so lost and alone, its been a long time since my drinking was this bad, i dont know how its happened. Im a failure i have no one to turn too, please help me
Old 03-12-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the first thing to do is stop drinking. Dump out whatever you have left. Contact your doc and let them know what's going on. If withdrawals get too bad get to the er.
If you want to stop, you can. It will take some deliberate effort. Sorting out the rest will start once you put the drink down.
There is a better life for you.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pour the rest away. Get some water into you and some light snacks. Get a shower or bathe. rest take it easy and stay on sr so you are not alone
Old 03-12-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

some good advice here TB.

I know it might seem like an immense task right now - but you can stop drinking.
You really can.

And then when you feel a little better, you can think about things that maybe you've been reluctant to try before but now might be easier to consider - like AA or some other meeting based group, or rehab?

It all starts with a day one.

D

D
Old 03-12-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tinker
Been there, you're not a failure, just a bump in the road.
Everything seems hopeless now but have something to eat, drink heaps of water, go back to bed and when you wake up, eat and drink healthy again.
As said get rid of any alcohol.
We're here for you also see a doctor.
Keep posting, we'd love to hear from you.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We’re here for you, tinkerbeau. As others have said, dump the wine and start drinking some water. I started counseling when I got sober. Would you consider that? Others go to AA. Either way, it would give you someone to talk with face-to-face. A visit to the doctor also wouldn’t hurt; they can help you with withdrawals and can keep you accountable. Definitely keep reading and posting too as SR is always open🙂
Old 03-12-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you yes it seems like a completely impossible task, right noe im at bottom if a moutain with no end in sight@! i have thought about aa as there is a group near me on a friday when my child is with his grandparents. Im just scared, what happens in aa ?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Will i not annoy people if i post all the time?
Old 03-12-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it

Like others have said, take the first step and dump out whatever alcohol you have left. Then proceed to either go to the ER, go to your doctor or just rest and recover - whatever you think you need. It will take a few days for your head to clear. One day at a time, and it will get better. Post all you want, we have all been there and want to help.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Will i not annoy people if i post all the time?
Not at all We are here to help each other. Why not join the march class too
Old 03-12-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

. Im just scared, what happens in aa ?
typically what happens at AA meetings is members sharing their experience,strength,and hope to help the newcomer.
what also happens are miracles.
i hope ya get some courage to face the fear of the unknown and walk into that meeting.
in the meantime you can read the big book of alcoholics anonymous online to learn what the program entails and what can occur as a result of working the program here:
https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous

the first 164 pages are what we've done to recover from the hopeless state of mind and body. after that are personal stories.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reach back to me
Old 03-12-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

what also happens are miracles.
i hope ya get some courage to face the fear of the unknown and walk into that meeting.

thank you i hope i get the courage to, right now it feels impossible but i need that miracle
Old 03-12-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

post its not annoying no worries we like to hear from you
Old 03-12-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Come on, Tink! Be strong, you got this. Getting back on track is going to suck, we all know it's not fun, but it's only short term misery. You know this. Make it happen!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you i hope i get the courage to, right now it feels impossible but i need that miracle
the first meeting i walked into when i was ready was the hardest to walk into. fear of the unkown-what my life without alcohol would be like- was quite strong.
fear of the known- what my life with alcohol still in it- helped me get the courage to walk into that first meeting.
got a lot easier to walk into meetings after that.

you deserve the miracle,too.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tinker, you may post as often as you like. That's why we're here.

Yes, it seems like an overwhelming task to stop drinking and to begin a sober life. But, you can do it. Get rid of your alcohol and make today a sober day. We do understand how hard this is, and we're here for you.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done for reaching out Tinker, its so hard to feel so alone and desperate.

I was an all day everyday drinker and it is hard to stop, there's no denying it but your life while drinking isn't easy either, its disruptive, chaotic and ridiculously dangerous so really you have nothing to lose, it can only improve.

I tried AA a few years ago, it isn't scary at all. Its there for anyone that needs it and the only requirement is that you want to stop drinking. Try it and see, if its not for you then don't keep going. Find something that does work for you, be it AA, Smart, AVRT, exercising or whatever.

Keep busy and keep posting
Old 03-12-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tinker - I'm so glad you decided to post. There's no way we would be annoyed with you for wanting help & encouragement.

I know it can be done because I drank for many years & now have 11 sober years thanks in part to SR. The fact that I wasn't alone anymore meant so much. Believe me, you have friends here who care & want to help. It's difficult to let go of it in the beginning, but after a few days you'll begin to feel stronger. You can get free & reclaim your life. We're with you.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Please, please post as much as you like. AA meetings were much scarier in my head than they were in reality.

Do whatever it takes to stay sober. You're not a failure, just someone who's sick from alcoholism. You can get better.

Please stick around. Everyone here wants to help.