Notices

Feeling pretty healthy

Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty healthy

So I'm a little over 2 months since my last drink and although life isn't perfect, I'm feeling physically pretty healthy. I've been getting back to my fitness stuff in a nice way, training for a run, getting to the gym, eating pretty healthy. Obviously I wouldn't keep up with all this when I was doing my occasional binge. I might have a few weeks of good routines, but then I'd get wasted one night, be hungover for 2 days, have terrible anxiety and mild hangover symptoms for longer, and take two weeks to get back to my usual routine, IF I didn't binge again in that time. So, this is good

I'm still struggling with a bit of anxiety and depression, but neither have me wanting to drink. Quite the opposite actually. I just want to focus on healing myself in healthy ways, which I'm doing. So my head is in an ok place, my emotions are a bit all over the place, but my body is definitely getting back to a place I feel good about. One day at a time, right?

Thanks as always for sharing and for your support! I'm quietly stalking these forums much more than I chime in and it helps to know you all are here
Old 03-11-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great!! Keep it up. Feeling better and being able to do more stuff (and enjoy it!) keeps growing.

Glad you are here!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time
Old 03-11-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job! It's great to recognize the benefits you are experiencing and just taking time out of your day to enjoy what you've done for yourself. And knowing full well that a binge will send all of that off track....or even one drink for that matter.

Nice job!

Old 03-11-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time. That's great. Yep, one day at a time.
Isn't it nice not to have those hangovers after a binge? I love it, sobriety.
Glad to hear you're getting back to the gym, too. I love working out. I should say I like the results and the health benefits, both mental and physical.
Best to you in sobriety. And remember, you never have to drink again.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good share,

thank you
Old 03-11-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear things are looking up KeepingUp

D
Old 03-12-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeepingUp View Post
So I'm a little over 2 months since my last drink and although life isn't perfect, I'm feeling physically pretty healthy. I've been getting back to my fitness stuff in a nice way, training for a run, getting to the gym, eating pretty healthy. Obviously I wouldn't keep up with all this when I was doing my occasional binge. I might have a few weeks of good routines, but then I'd get wasted one night, be hungover for 2 days, have terrible anxiety and mild hangover symptoms for longer, and take two weeks to get back to my usual routine, IF I didn't binge again in that time. So, this is good

I'm still struggling with a bit of anxiety and depression, but neither have me wanting to drink. Quite the opposite actually. I just want to focus on healing myself in healthy ways, which I'm doing. So my head is in an ok place, my emotions are a bit all over the place, but my body is definitely getting back to a place I feel good about. One day at a time, right?

Thanks as always for sharing and for your support! I'm quietly stalking these forums much more than I chime in and it helps to know you all are here
Way to go with the exercise routine which totally resonates. Someone here (sorry, can’t remember who) said sometimes the mind says no but the body is ready to go. It’s been helpful. Rooting for you!
Old 03-12-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! The "quietly stalking" cracked me up.