Notices

Back Again - Day 1

Old 03-07-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again - Day 1

Hi all. I am back again. Day 1. Went for in-patient detox 12/26-12/30. Came out feeling hopeful. Began working out every day at 5am. Was sober for 23 days. Had a couple drinks 1/19 and 1/20 (only a fifth between the two days). Then, another fifth on 1/25. And then I have been drinking a 750mL bottle every day since (40 days). It has gotten out of control, yet again. However, I do not want to go to inpatient detox for a third time in 5 months, so I'm going to try to do this on my own. I have a prescription for Ativan and am already taking Gabapentin (for 3 months now). It's been 8.5 hours since my last drink. I'm going to start an Ativan regimen to try to stave off any serious withdrawal systems as I already have a history of withdrawal seizures. 1mg in the morning, 1mg in the afternoon and 2mg at night when my anxiety is always at its highest. I plan to do this for 48hrs and then assess if I need to keep taking it. I sincerely hope it helps and I do not need to go to the ER. Also, I am drinking massive amounts of water, taking Super B Complex vitamins and am going to pick up some magnesium.

Any advice from those who have successfully detoxed at home would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventurer

You should go back to the Hospital. That is the only way to be safe.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on stopping drinking. Since you have a history of seizures during withdrawals from alcohol, you should talk to your dr. Is the Ativan prescribed for withdrawals? As you know withdrawals can be unpredictable and your dr is the best person to manage this.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

as you have a history of seizures I think the only safe place for you is in the hospital under medical supervision. No stories of how any of us got through withdrawals without medical supervision can be of any help to you with your history
Old 03-07-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem back BB

Given your history I can only agree with the prevailing opinion here - that the safest way for you to detox would be with professional supervision - or at least professional advice.

D