Notices

Heartfelt thanks

Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heartfelt thanks

You know in life we all have battles, whatever they may be, I think we all have our demons. We all have something lurking in the back ground that pops up now and again.
But it's how we deal with it that counts 😊, I'm trying everyday, I'm constantly trying to find ways in beating my demons. My determination has kicked in again. From all of the support I have with you all, pushes me forward 😃.
I can't thank you all enough, for the encouragement,support, advice.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
As always much love to everyone fighting there battles.
Together we are strong
🙏💖 Doris xx
Old 03-04-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Doris, we are family here.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That we are. The single biggest support I've felt on this journey was from people here, that I've never met. You can do this, Doris.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Always here for you, Doris. I saw people kept telling you "don't worry about it", and "it's no big deal"....but it is a big deal. I know if I relapsed, I would be SO hard on myself. I would be devastated, and embarrassed. But, you know it was a big deal, and now you're back and stronger than ever.

I did make 1 mistake over the weekend, and Anna's pic reminded me of it. I asked a cat person: "What is the point of having a cat? They don't do anything". Won't make that mistake again, boy did I get an earful.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are feeling better today Doris, thank you for your lovely post

I think SR has been the biggest reason why I have been able to maintain my sobriety this time (I just hit 10 months), I've learned so much from the folks, here it's a wonderful place to hang out and you are a lovely addition to it.

Stay strong
Old 03-04-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Doris, we are family here.
We certainly are Anna, I'm so thankful that I'm here, with everybody's advice. I will slay my demons 💖🙏
Old 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dafunbra View Post
That we are. The single biggest support I've felt on this journey was from people here, that I've never met. You can do this, Doris.
I'm going to keep going, and keep on trying. Thanks dafunbra, and your absolutely right 😃
Old 03-04-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Always here for you, Doris. I saw people kept telling you "don't worry about it", and "it's no big deal"....but it is a big deal. I know if I relapsed, I would be SO hard on myself. I would be devastated, and embarrassed. But, you know it was a big deal, and now you're back and stronger than ever.

I did make 1 mistake over the weekend, and Anna's pic reminded me of it. I asked a cat person: "What is the point of having a cat? They don't do anything". Won't make that mistake again, boy did I get an earful.
You won t make that mistake again will you son lol, and thank you 😃
Old 03-04-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
I'm glad you are feeling better today Doris, thank you for your lovely post

I think SR has been the biggest reason why I have been able to maintain my sobriety this time (I just hit 10 months), I've learned so much from the folks, here it's a wonderful place to hang out and you are a lovely addition to it.

Stay strong
Congratulations on your 10 months that's amazing, one day soon I will be celebrating that mile stone, but for now it's little steps. I agree I'm learning every day. I just want to be a better person than I was yesterday. With all the support I'm getting makes me more determined.
Together we are strong, and like Anna says, we are family 💖🙏
Old 03-04-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're sticking with us!

Unfortunately, due to the nature of this addiction the risk of drinking again is there unless you have a plan in place. Have you made a plan in case you consider drinking again? Every time we fail we have to do something different to avoid the same thing happening again.