Notices

Day 115 from Bali

Old 03-03-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 115 from Bali

I am enjoying my travels sober now. Travelling has always been a huge part of my life as I work for an airline. My biggest fear was seeing the world sober. I have now “survived” a few trips since going sober almost 4 months ago. I now enjoy them. I dont ask for any special mocktails I ask for the normal ones and just say drop the booze. Works fine.
I read ao many post where people think its impossible to go on a vacation sober. So this is for all of you. Seriously if I can do this anybody everybody can so it. I love waking up hangover free and actually remembering things.. So dont panic but look forward to it
Old 03-04-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, sober is the way to live. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is good motivation for me! I had a trip booked to Thailand in early February, but decided to cancel it and stop drinking. I'll go this fall, sober.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I did 10 days in Australia sober in November. Went for concerts with 6 nights staying with a friend in Stanmore, then one night each in Brissie, back to Sydney, them Melbourne, and home.

My friend has been a traveling companion across 7 Australian wine regions, and the concerts included preshows and postshows at bars. Never once had an urge to drink, noted again how normies drink differently than us, and so enjoyed meeting up with old and new friends and seeing shows sober, unclouded, clear and in the moment.

Traveling sober is way more fun.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post. Thank you. Looking forward to a life of sober travels.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I celebrated 1000 days sober in Bali. I love sober traveling. I have gone on several "small" and a few "big" trips since quitting. Early on I was afraid I'd get away from home and my normal accountability partners and figure "what the heck, who would know?" but I never have actually wanted to drink while on vacation. The fear of it was much worse than the reality. I love being present and clear-headed when I travel. It's more fun, safer, and creates much better memories.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So true MLD. Over analysing and worrying about things that never eventuate. Learning to be in the present and appreciating it. That is priceless. Wonderful on your 1000 days!! Fantastic..
Old 03-05-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm currently on day 1,553. Bali was quite some time ago. Memories I will always cherish.