4 in 24 hours

Old 03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

4 in 24 hours

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of 4 meetings in 24 hours. I went to an open AA speaker meeting yesterday evening. This morning, I went to an Al-Anon meeting with more than 40 members, including newcomers and old-timers, with many in-between. Then I sat in at the business meeting for that group and stepped into service in new, small ways.

During this time the idea of 4 meetings in 24 hours seemed like a good, doable idea, so I'm planning on going to an open AA step study meeting in a few hours.

Understanding and having clarity of what I'm dealing with, having help, support and being able to share this also, and allowing joy and happiness is important.

To voice this helps my healing. I'm grateful for SR, AA, Al-Anon and the many ways there are for recovery.

#lifeisgood
#lawofattraction
Old 03-03-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm going to be processing this for a bit. I'm getting out of my comfort zone again and some fears cropped up this evening. I relate to these quotes about these kind of fears and low self-esteem:

"Fear is just a label we were given for a distinct set of feelings; when we attach a different label to the same feelings, we get a different result."

“Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand brake on.”

All the meetings were really good. The open AA meeting this evening was a great way to end the weekend. My sponsor described this after-affect feeling I sometimes have gotten after doing really good steps forward as my "dis-ease" trying to lure me into isolation. The first time that happened she had me use the phone list and let others know what was going on with me. I found out I wasn't alone in experiencing that. Tonight I'm moving through and past it in an easy, different way.

One day at a time.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

It's been a very full day. Then I went to an open AA meeting and after that an Al-Anon speaker meeting across town. Great people, connections and messages of recovery.

I'm making a commitment to 2 more meetings to make 4 in 24 hours again.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Mango!
Old 03-30-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

This experience was different and easier. New areas of growth again.

#healingactions
#thankyougod
#lifeisgood
Old 03-30-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mango. I see your struggle and the tremendous ways you are applying the knowledge you now have to empower yourself.

Are you making progress? Do you feel like you are on firmer ground in your life now?

I ask because your ongoing healing is admirable and the effort you put in is really amazing but I still see the pain there and wonder if there are other avenues you might explore. This is not my forte' but there is a lot of wisdom here for the asking?

Just a thought, you know I wish you well.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Food for thought. Some people see me as too happy.

I don't know where this journey is going. I am enjoying this day, greatly. Yes, I see progress in many ways.

Thank you for the thoughts and caring!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For the record, I certainly don't see you as too happy (is that even possible, for someone to be too happy?).

Glad you are making progress