Notices

2 months

Old 02-27-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Wink 2 months

Until recently, for the most part I felt really good. I am still very strong in my sobriety, though I have been somewhat slacking due to a funk I am in. I feel very depressed and down some days, other times I am having a blast. Even in those down times I know what I need to do and what is important to me, my sobriety, my family, this forum. I think I need to "force" myself to get there and try new things to fill the void.

I believe this is PAWS, but can't know for certain. Just going through the emotions I guess. I am in que for counselling and am on step 8 in AA. (I have not had any profound experience with the steps yet, but I realize I need to stop putting expectations on everything.)

Guess I just need some support. Feeling very down.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been sober for over ten years and still have bad days. In fact, I don't know, drinkers or non-drinkers, who don't.
It's life. And there are good days and bad days in life for everyone.
Just hang in there. Perhaps you'll feel better as of tonight. Or tomorrow.
I didn't have a great day today either. But I just weave my way through with my eyes on the future where I know the bad feelings won't last.

Best to you, and I hope you feel better. And congratulations on two months! That's great. Your body is adjusting to sobriety.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ekohe on your two months!

I am going through the exact same feelings you are going through, and I am two months today also and it helps me to be reading others feel this also for the same time period.

I have a physical scheduled in a few weeks just to make sure I am ok, but other than that I am also thinking I need to do the same as you posted
I think I need to "force" myself to get there and try new things to fill the void.
I need to get out for walks or exercise, I am hoping the fresh air will lift my spirits. Last month I would wake from a sober sleep with a smile, this month I wake up and feel sad some days. I believe this will pass and I hope so for you also!

I think our brains are healing and so they are shutting down and misfiring a little also. This whole quit can be overwhelming.

I am looking forward to Spring weather, hate the Winter. Looking for positives, finding a good movie to laugh with, and getting out and smile and talk with people.

Best to you!
Old 02-27-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought bad days meant I was doing something wrong, but I've learned since it's what even normal non addicted people go through in life

If it's too many days in a row of course you might benefit from seeing your doctor or talking to someone about it...but the odd low day is pretty normal I think?

Congrats on 2 months ekohe
Old 02-27-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two months sober!
Old 02-27-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 2 months sober. I am behind you by one day. Yes emotions are up and down. Just remember the battle you have just been through and savor the victory you deserve it. Smile and tell the blahs not a chance you got this.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Here and now

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I believe everything you say and that time will heal. Just hard to see when your in the pit is all

Day by day!
Old 03-02-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

2 months! - be very proud, Ekohe. We know what it took to get there.