Notices

9 days sober...

Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 days sober...

.. and feeling great physically, mentally, emotionally.But I've been here before and somehow I still slipped/relapsed. Something has to hold this time.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 and welcome back.

What are your plans? If I can be so bold, the only thing that is going to hold you here is you. You and your plans to maintain and fortify your sobriety.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't worry about it. I felt the same way around day 9. I felt GREAT, but at the same time I was like....well, maybe I'll have a few drinks to celebrate how good I feel. It's sick, but addiction is a sickness, so that makes sense. Stay strong.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

9 days is wonderful, ssm. I hope you'll stay with us. Being here gave me the courage to get free and stay that way. The daily encouragement meant so much. You never have to go back to that miserable old life.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Don't worry about it. I felt the same way around day 9. I felt GREAT, but at the same time I was like....well, maybe I'll have a few drinks to celebrate how good I feel. It's sick, but addiction is a sickness, so that makes sense. Stay strong.
kinda what happens to me also. Usually a feeling of elation that creeps up after a conquest/victory of some sort and then bam!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
9 days is wonderful, ssm. I hope you'll stay with us. Being here gave me the courage to get free and stay that way. The daily encouragement meant so much. You never have to go back to that miserable old life.
thanks for your encouragement
Old 02-27-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Congrats on 9 and welcome back.

What are your plans? If I can be so bold, the only thing that is going to hold you here is you. You and your plans to maintain and fortify your sobriety.
plans? well i'm attending aa meetings but can't seem to settle down on who i'd like to ask to be my sponsor. and i think you are right....its going to be up to me. thanks
Old 02-27-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ssm1972 View Post
plans? well i'm attending aa meetings but can't seem to settle down on who i'd like to ask to be my sponsor. and i think you are right....its going to be up to me. thanks
I used to be annoyed when I would be asked this exact question - what is your plan? But now I see it as essential to getting sober.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

9 days is great!

I think it's important to add things to your life to support your recovery such as exercise, spending time with sober people, getting back to hobbies you used to enjoy. You don't have to do this again.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 9! That’s awesome!! Keep strong!! Just remember what you’ve been through to get here!!
Old 02-27-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job on 9 days- a detailed plan like 90/90 (since you said you are going to meetings) is an excellent idea many of us started with....
Old 02-27-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of us are resistant to making recovery action plans...but I think it can be the difference between the same old same old...and something new and lasting

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D