Notices

Drinking dream

Old 02-24-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking dream

Oh boy, had my first drinking dream last night. May 29th will be a year sober for me which I am very happy about but that dream sure caught me off guard.

In the dream I was drinking whiskey again. I had my first glass and I was aware I was giving up all my sober time but I kept drinking. Just like in the past one turned into glass after glass.

What really threw me was the fact that I experienced the same feelings I had when I would binge on whiskey. At that point I didn't bother mixing it with anything. I just gulped down warm, straight whiskey to get me through the awful withdrawals and stop my shaking hands. Such a revolting taste.

When I woke up I was flooded with relief that I didn't do it but the feelings stayed with me for awhile and my mind was foggy and I had a headache similar to my old withdrawals.

I have read posts from other members very similar to my experience.I am so grateful to have SR to run to as I go through this journey!
Old 02-25-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh yeah. The drinking dreams. Scary as hell. At least they’re just dreams.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I've had them before. The strangest thing is when I first woke up I really thought I had been drinking as I felt groggy.

I also have gotten smoking dreams too when I quit smoking. I once woke up with a throat that felt very sore but like the groggy feeling from waking up after a drinking dream it soon passed.

Those sorts of dreams can be disorientating but I eventually learned to just shrug them off as I soon realised I hadn't drank / smoked.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to have drinking dream. I'd wake up so upset with myself that I let myself relapse....and then realized it was just a dream.