Notices

One month ten days

Old 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

One month ten days

I know this is cliche but I promised myself no booze for a year when I turned 40. So I did drink myself sick until the 2 days before. I remember sneaky pukes at work, and feeling so awful and ashamed. I had made this plans, knowing I need a full on quit, maybe a year to let that sink in. Then a group of us turning 40, it was decided we would go to beer tasting at museum. I said ok, I’ll let that slide. Then I’m like, NO! So after husband bought tickets, two weeks later, I said I’m skipping my birthday party. So I did. Nothing big or special for my 40th, but I was sober. Little things, like waking up and cleaning a bathroom I neglected has been good. Anyways I’ve been here twice. I don’t recall my handle from my late twenties. I have some scary stuff from 2014. I’m hoping this quit sticks. Playing the tape forward has been doing wonders. Turning 40 and wondering why I haven’t done better in career (wasted, that’s why). I’ve been to some AA meetings in the past, and I know it’s there in a crutch. I’ve got some books, and tea. I get health insurance in a couple weeks, so therapy, health check all in my list of things to do. Been reading here since b4 my latest quit so I consider SR a great resource too. I just wanted to post.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are posting. Keep coming here everyday, this place can really help.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, and congratulations on your sober time.
You can use AA as much more than a crutch. It can be a plan to successfully stop drinking.
I would give meetings a shot. What have you got to lose? Well, apparently a lot to answer my own question.
Coming here often helps my sobriety, too.

Best to you and many more sober days.