This CPS path

Old 02-23-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

This CPS path

Before this happened, I had these intents:

1. Healing from FOO abuse.

2. Protecting my youngest son, now 12 years old, from his dad's active alcoholism.

3. Having a big, good life.

4. Allowing joy to guide our journey.

Somehow, through this completely illogical chaos of a path, I'm finding these things. One day at a time, indeed. Often it's been one breath at a time.

#goodkarma
#lifeisgood
Old 02-24-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's funny how we can't predict where life will take us.

I'm glad you are finding some peace and clarity in the journey Mango
Old 02-24-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

From an article I'm reading this morning:

-----------

“You may think the grass is greener on the other side. But if you take the time to water your own grass it would be just as green.” -Anonymous

Society and the media enable our ability to constantly compare our lives to others, and while at times it’s admittedly fun to peek into someone else’s life just to be inspired, it can quickly become destructive. With the more we see, if we’re not careful we can judge our own life by another’s who we know nothing about . . . except for what they want us to know. And that is when we get ourselves into trouble.

So, rather than being envious of others and how they live and look, why not spend that time comparing and instead use it to create the life we’ve always dreamed about? After all, each of us has the same 24 hours in a day. We can either sit and hope, or get up and do something that provokes the change we wish to see.

If a simply luxurious life is what you are striving for that is unique to your talents, values and passions, below are 11 ways to to ensure that your life is one that will continue to leave you in awe and allow you to appreciate, not covet the life of another.

1. Create your own adored rituals.

Whatever it is that makes you smile, lose track of time or breathe a huge sigh of relief, make a point to do this activity regularly. Perhaps it’s a bubble bath on Sunday night prior to the week’s commencement, or maybe it’s a weekly coffee chat with a good friend, or better yet, a monthly weekend away to change up your routine. Whatever you crave, add it to your schedule and make it a priority to enjoy regularly.

2. Subscribe to favorite publications.

As a reader, I look forward to the weekly arrival of my New Yorker magazine and my monthly fashion magazines. It really does feel like a small present has arrived when I return home from work, and what better way to end the day than reading something you enjoy?

3. Eliminate financial stressors.

In order to live the life you want, you must have the funds to do so. So put a budget in place that will help you attain your goals and stick to it. One of the most freeing and liberating things you can do is to have financial independence and security.

4. Foster and invest in just a handful of relationships.

The overall theme of living a simply luxurious life is to focus on quality rather than quantity and that includes your relationships. We cannot possibly be well liked and loved by everyone if we are being true to ourselves. I defer to Winston Churchill’s quote, “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” And we can’t possibly foster deep loving relationships if we are friends with everyone we meet. Choose a handful of relationships that are most valuable to you and take the time and energy to invest yourself. Yes, you will be vulnerable, but there’s only one way to develop genuine, lasting relationships, and that is with time, effort and real love.

5. Find daily exercise that invigorates you.

Regular exercise is good for the mind, as it has been proven to stave off neurological decline if done consistently, and it clearly is good for the body as it increases muscle mass which speeds up metabolism and also helps maintain flexibility which enables more agility. Respect yourself and the life you want to live by prolonging the days you can enjoy it to the fullest.

6. Enjoy quality food, sit down to savor what’s been prepared and pair with lovely wine to capitalize on the flavors.

Maintain good health so you can continue to pursue your dreams. Real food is a way to be respectful toward your body.

7. Savor one piece of dark chocolate each night you don’t indulge in dessert.

This is one of my favorite rituals, and if you’re choosing real chocolate from an actual chocolatier, one piece will be enough. Trust me.

8. Schedule regular beauty appointments and care your skin, hair and body knowing it’s the vehicle that has to carry you through the rest of your life.

Attention to your beauty regimen is not a guilty pleasure, it is a necessity. There is a reason people look the way they do in their thirties and beyond, and it’s due to how they care for themselves – their bodies and their skin. We’re fortunate to have the ability to live for a lengthy amount of time: understand this and respect your body along the way.

9. Cultivate conversation and comfort zones around your home and yard. Choose comfortable seating that beckons one to sit, relax and stay awhile.

Whether you like to entertain or simply enjoy finding a cozy spot and getting lost in a good book, take the time to create and design areas which cultivate what you love to do. Choose luxurious fabrics, add a beautiful, unique side table and lamp, style a lovely tray vignette and toss a soft, beckoning throw for the fall and winter.

10. Keep a journal.

A wonderful way to end the day, record the events of the day or simple keep track of all that is going through your mind, a journal provides so many wonderful benefits.

11. Set goals and pursue them until accomplished.

Ultimately, being able to live the life you desire comes down to setting goals and staying focused on said goals until they are accomplished.

Ultimately, life is ours to design. So while we should always look for inspiration outside of our regular day to day routine, be sure to use it as inspiration that helps you appreciate your own life even more.

Now, I’m curious. What are the simple things you’ve done to create a life that you love?

- Shannon Ables
Old 02-24-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm allowing inspiration from this today. ^^^^

I'm thankful for the ideas, great positive focus and especially the Winston Churchill quote in the middle.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Protecting my youngest son, now 12 years old, from his dad's active alcoholism.

I'm grateful for support in this.

#thankyougod
#thingsarealwaysworkingoutforme
#lifeisgood
Old 03-19-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are doing great Mango, and inspiring many along the way!
Old 03-31-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Strangely wrapped gifts come from all this."
- Ann

A quote from Ann in a thread in the Spirituality section. How true!
Old 03-31-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Before this happened, I had these intents:

1. Healing from FOO abuse.

2. Protecting my youngest son, now 12 years old, from his dad's active alcoholism.

3. Having a big, good life.

4. Allowing joy to guide our journey.

Somehow, through this completely illogical chaos of a path, I'm finding these things. One day at a time, indeed. Often it's been one breath at a time.

#goodkarma
#lifeisgood
this is inspiring! I love “a big good life”! I believe it’s possible for us too! This is the kind of energy and attitude that I am working on cultivating in my mind and in our life by gaining wisdom in Al-anon, daily mindfulness, and personal growth reading. A wise person always told me “change your attitude, change your destiny.” I believe that is true.

Have a beautiful day today!
Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, PerSe!

Tonight I'm exploring new restaurants. I'm getting discouraged by huge crowds that seem to be great places to go until I'm realizing 'family friendly' is sometimes used as a twisted code phrase of, 'bring your kids along while drinking alcohol'.

I like my wonderful collection of alcohol-free great food places I've found. I'm looking for more of them.

Namaste.