So stupid

Old 02-23-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So stupid

I was of the mindset that I would be polite and continue to respond to my EXAB. He would say stuff that seemed like he still cared and honestly, I miss him and was hoping he would come to his senses and come back. Monday my adult kiddo saw him and invited him to go sledding. My ex got excited and said he would go. Wednesday he called and talked to me about going and was excited about it. Honestly, I was too. The day of, he canceled. I saw him and you could tell he was totally flustered and kept flirting with me. Returned to the idea of going but ultimately didnt....with the final text saying, " be careful."

I believed his ******** lies again. It's obvious he still is completely into me. This disease sucks. I still have some of his stuff, as he does mine. I brought it up earlier yesterday and he acted as if I didnt. I'm done, will pack his crap up, bring it to his work, and put it in his truck. I just don't get it but I'm done riding this roller coaster. He's a great guy but obviously doesn't give 2 sh-ts about me the was he should.

Sorry for the rant!
Old 02-23-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good move to get him out of your life. If you stay in contact with him, you will keep getting hurt over and over again.

Wishing you all the best. You deserve much better.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...artbroken.html (New, scared, confused, and heartbroken)

Have you had solid long-term relationships before where you felt loved?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You need to cut contact with him. Whether or not he is "still completely into me" is irrelevant if he can barely commit to going sledding. He was honest with you a long time ago that he is an A. He's doing what he is capable of and it's not much, mostly seeking attention. I'm sorry for the tough love. You want a different ending to the story--I get that--but it's not possible for him to give you what you want.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I used to make plans when I was drunk and feeling good and then cancel them the next day because I was miserably hung over or had started drinking again. I was too ashamed that the people I had made plans with would smell booze on me at 9am or earlier.
This is the nature of the alcoholic. Sad but true.
He probably is a great guy but alcohol will always come first for him.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...artbroken.html (New, scared, confused, and heartbroken)

Have you had solid long-term relationships before where you felt loved?
yes, i have
Old 02-23-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leelee168 View Post
You need to cut contact with him. Whether or not he is "still completely into me" is irrelevant if he can barely commit to going sledding. He was honest with you a long time ago that he is an A. He's doing what he is capable of and it's not much, mostly seeking attention. I'm sorry for the tough love. You want a different ending to the story--I get that--but it's not possible for him to give you what you want.
I realize that now. I have set up an auto reply telling him im not taking texts from him. I am taking the steps...