Notices

Last post for a while

Old 02-22-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last post for a while

I drank yesterday. Not 100 pc sure why , just like to say thank you all . Thank you .
Old 02-22-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I could see leaving if you plan is to return to drinking, but if sobriety is still the goal, why not stick around.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leaving because you drank is like buying matches cos you bought a barrel of gasoline, Kid.

Sure it's not necessary or recommended, but many of us faltered a time or two.

Look at what happened (I bet you can do better than I'm not sure why).

Look at what you can add to your plan now. Recover, regroup, redraw.

You might have lost a battle but the war is still there to be won.

D
Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agree with those thoughts, and I hope you change your mind.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kid

You don't need to leave.

You need to stay and keep trying to get sober. If you want it enough it can be done. Unfortunately there are no miracle cures although it feels like a miracle to me that I ever got sober. I was a daily heavy drinking mess!

I had so many attempts and I believed it was impossible each time I failed, but now I am nearly 4 months sober, early days I know but I am hopeful that I got it this time.

If your going through hell keep going.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Kid. I know you had a lot of days under your belt. It's a reason to reflect and readjust. But not a reason to leave this place. Dust yourself off, get back up and get back on the horse. I hope to still see you here.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In building a new home one first needs a
plan drawn and mapped out. Then you
gather materials necessary to build this
home.

With each strong nail, wood, building
materials, building it from the ground
up, making sure each step is properly
taken and placed to the very end.

Strong, sturdy, safe, secured foundation
to live upon one day at a time.

So does building a recovery foundation
from the ground up, step by step, one
day at a time, building it strong, solid
to live upon for yrs to come.

With willingness, openmindedness
and honesty, listen, learn, absorb and
apply all that you can about addiction
and it's affects on your own mind, body
and soul as well as those around you.

Take this knowledge and incorporate it
on a continuous bases each and everyday
in all areas of your life to achieve health,
happiness, gratefulness to live your life
upon as you move forward.

Hold onto your recovery lifelines and
never let go. We are here for you 24/7.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you drank, Kid. I think you were a day or two longer in sobriety than me. That shows you can do this, so if ever there were a time to stay, it's now. I hope you'll stick around.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do hope you stay🙂
Old 02-22-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I agree with everything everyone has said above. The time you need to lean on your support system is the time you want to run away from it. That is when you need it the most, stick around, we get it and have been there too. When I relapsed last year before eventually going to rehab I tried to hide and felt so ashamed and like I didn’t deserve to be here or part of this community. I couldn’t have been more wrong, here is exactly where I needed to be.

Be kind to yourself, you may have lost this battle but it does not mean you will not win the war. xx
Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay with us, Kid. We are all in this together.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

As others have said, stick around if you want to be sober.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I do t have more to add to what others have posted. I agree with all of it. I really hope you will stay! Recovery is a process. Most of us didn’t get it right the first time. I had many relapses. I learned from each one. Hope to see you again.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you'll decide not to leave us, Kid. I drank after I got sober - and it made me even more determined to get free. We're with you.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the time when you need us most.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm a pretty determined guy Just not sure what I want at this moment in time , I've learnt so much from this site , no 1 is that there is really good people out there , and of my 50 yrs on this planet ye are amongst the best I will never meet !!! Strange is t it. 3 times I was in rehab , my 20 s , 30 s and 40s , and now I just don't know???? Is this what I'm destined to be ?? Is this my role in life. I don't know , I was once ear marked to be the next grt sports player , due to alcohol I blew that , opened a sports bar made a blew a fortune , got involved with the wrong people after that. Got rid of them. No doubt they ll come sniffing around again now that I'm weak , ahhhhh ???? 50 single no kids what am I going to do ! I know For Real if you want something in this life You can do It , the ? To myself is now How bad do I want to be sober. And at moment I just can t fix my sights on anything to shoot for. I don't know how to end this post. So bye for now.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kid50 View Post
I'm a pretty determined guy Just not sure what I want at this moment in time , I've learnt so much from this site , no 1 is that there is really good people out there , and of my 50 yrs on this planet ye are amongst the best I will never meet !!! Strange is t it. 3 times I was in rehab , my 20 s , 30 s and 40s , and now I just don't know???? Is this what I'm destined to be ?? Is this my role in life. I don't know , I was once ear marked to be the next grt sports player , due to alcohol I blew that , opened a sports bar made a blew a fortune , got involved with the wrong people after that. Got rid of them. No doubt they ll come sniffing around again now that I'm weak , ahhhhh ???? 50 single no kids what am I going to do ! I know For Real if you want something in this life You can do It , the ? To myself is now How bad do I want to be sober. And at moment I just can t fix my sights on anything to shoot for. I don't know how to end this post. So bye for now.
You're just feeling sorry for yourself. Not a criticism just being honest.

Everyone here has screwed up multiple times. That is why we are here. You need to accept you screwed up and learn from it. It's that simple.

This is not your destiny. There is no such thing. You're destiny is what you make of it. You control you're life and you can stay sober.

Don't give up
Old 02-22-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Kid,

I really hope you'll reconsider. This is a wonderful site with great people, and this is the time to reach out for support.

50 is still young, lots of time to enjoy a sober life.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 02-22-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kid50 View Post
I'm a pretty determined guy Just not sure what I want at this moment in time... Strange is t it. 3 times I was in rehab , my 20 s , 30 s and 40s , and now I just don't know???? Is this what I'm destined to be ?? Is this my role in life. I don't know , I was once ear marked to be the next grt sports player , due to alcohol I blew that , opened a sports bar made a blew a fortune , got involved with the wrong people after that. Got rid of them. No doubt they ll come sniffing around again now that I'm weak , ahhhhh ???? 50 single no kids what am I going to do ! I know For Real if you want something in this life You can do It , the ? To myself is now How bad do I want to be sober. And at moment I just can t fix my sights on anything to shoot for. I don't know how to end this post. So bye for now.
Thats the great insidious quality of addiction.

It steals our self esteem, fuels our self doubt (maybe even self hatred) and makes us despair that effort is useless cos we're always going to 'return to type' and end up drunk and beaten.

Thats not true - it's your addiction talking.

Even just this brief flirtation with drinking again can colour our thoughts darkly..

You haven't lost anything of things you accomplished or the changes you made when you were sober...you haven't lost the growth or the self-improvement - not unless you wilfully throw it away.

Your addiction is not an all powerful monster and you are not a weak pathetic victim.

You can make this a blip or a serious long term slow motion car crash type diversion.

Choose the blip.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off. stop beating yourself up and double down on your effort to stay sober.

Take the reins.

Accept that you need to do more than whatever you had been doing, and think about other things you could do to stay sober.

fall down seven times get up eight.

D