Notices

Day 2-was happy and wanted to cry all day

Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2-was happy and wanted to cry all day

I wanted to scream at my boss today. I feel so disrespected. I feel alienated at work. I'm hurt and sad about everything everywhere. I also felt relieved that I am doing the right thing by being sober. A guy shared at a mtg that he happily puts his sobriety before everything even his girlfriend. I think that's what I need to do. My mom told me today she's afraid I'm.gonna die like my brother. I'm sad about worrying her. I'm taking the naltrexone and hitting meeting daily.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your situation. But look at the bright side, you're doing the right thing by not drinking. That's huge.
I know I had to put sobriety first. And still do after ten years sober. That's why I still come here.
Best to you and hang in there, things will get better for you. Trust me.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are going to feel sensitive and emotional for the first 5 days at least - hang in there, it WILL settle and you'll feel a lot calmer and able to cope with things, including your boss. Now is honestly not the time to cause conflict with him- if it gets too much, just visualise him naked and running down the road - works for me x
Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good post,,,

a cliché from meetings, many have wisdom....which is probably why thy annoy me- is...what other people think about me is none of my business

now sober, I can think of no thing where alcohol would make it better

support to you
Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’m on day two, and feel your pain. I’ve done this before and what people are saying in this thread is correct. First couple of weeks will be an emotional rollercoaster and you’ll struggle to sleep. It will get easier, you have some highs and lows, and eventually it’ll get to a place where you sleep incredibly well and reality couldn’t be clearer. Stay strong!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I found for my sobriety to stick, I had to give it top priority in my life. The great bonus of this was that my spouse, family, friends, colleagues etc then got a much better version of me. Win win all round.

It is common for feel an absolute rollercoaster of emotions in early sobriety, it does settle down as time builds.

Hang on in there, it is very well worth it.