Notices

Day 103

Old 02-19-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 103

Morning. I am now officially part of the +100 day club. Geez its been a journey full of twists and turns. I have "survived" Xmas and New Year sober first time ever since my teens and I am alive. All the mind games I played in my head never eventuated. I have got so much stronger and have embraced sobriety fully. I see this as a way of living now and don't see being sober that I am missing out on absolutely anything. I am still the same person just a better version. I like myself even more. I am calm and content. I certainly hope this pink cloud hangs around. Looking back at my life I was a total mess. I was so addicted that I wonder how I am still alive at 53. I am lucky I am experiencing life as it is meant to be. The sober clear clean truth that it is.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

103 is a big number. Congratulations to you! It's a wonderful feeling when you finally feel that this is now your way of living. It takes a while, but you really do lose that feeling of missing out or being different from others. There will be the odd moment where you may have slight urges to drink (I've only had them a couple of times since July last year) but you quickly realize that simply isn't you any more.

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

103 is great!!! I'm glad that you're here. The first few months I felt like I was "missing out" on a lot. I heard a lot of rumblings from "friends" saying things like "we can't invite Chris now, because he doesn't drink". That never really made any sense to me, but most of those people are now out of my life, and I'm fine with that. Now I'm living a much fuller life while they're leaning over a bar top chugging cheap beer watching reruns of sporting events. Muppets.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 02-19-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

That is fantastic sydneyman!! Keep up the good work xx
Old 02-19-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lots of people have had to go with this process. Cocaine addicts and alcoholics. Sometimes its a lonely journey. I so preder this one though. I am lucky to have a 100% supportive partner who now also is totally clean. Chris... yes we are treated like there is something wrong with us. Seems to be the other way around.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a great post, Sydneyman and congratulations on 103 days!
Old 02-19-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great post sydneyman, 100 days is a terrific milestone. It was about a week or so after that that I stopped automatically knowing how many days I had sober which I later took to be a sign of progress.

Of course the pink cloud will depart at some point, it always does (even for those who have never drunk) but now that you have that chunk of time behind you, you can roll over those uncomfortable moments like a large snowball that has had time to grow as it rolls.

Good luck!
Old 02-19-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations sydneyman.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations Sydneyman. 103 days is amazing and it’s lovely to get to know yourself again.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel that I have grown up. I am finally a fully functioning adult. I make sound logical decisions. The scatter neurotic me is gone. Peace at last. Priceless.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff sydneyman - congrats

D
Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Decided to escape Sydney for the Mardi Gras weekend, too early in recovery and temptation central for a gay man like me to go wild. So looked at flights and going to Bali for a long weekend instead. on the menu massages meditation and pool. better than a possibility of a drunken and drugged up party weekend. TBH I actually dont want that at all. luckily as airline staff I have the opportunity to fly on a whim. so this is my whim..I used to fret over travelling and drinking it so had gone hand in hand for me. I have done several trips now and can safely travel without worrying about the drinkcart coming close. Thats a huge victoryfor me. It now doesnt bother me at all. Incredible really. Anyway rant over. Thank you all for the supporting words. It does really help and make this all possible!!Closing in on day 103.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sydney,

Congratulations!

I'm 54 and was drinking to get drunk at 5 years old. My Dad thought it was funny to see me loaded.

Now that I quit, I get to learn how to deal w life booze free. Fortunately, I am a pretty quick study.

The av still gets strong w me sometimes, but being a non drinker is part of what I have been searching for all of these years.

I am just lately really starting to feel extremely amazing. I have been saying that for the last 3 plus years.

It is hard to believe, but i trusted folks that told me it keeps getting better and better.

Looking forward to each sober moment. Living in the present. Life is precious.

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a great sober weekend Sydneyman
Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.. And you as well