Somewhat relieved

Old 02-16-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somewhat relieved

I had posted previously that AH has applied to be a police officer. This scared me a great deal because he seemed to be getting through all what I considered to be checkpoints. I, too, have applied to the police department but not to be a police officer. I just took my polygraph(passed) and know he will never pass it. They may not even administer it to him. There are 3 questions that I think will get him.

asking about alcohol use

asking if he ever lied to someone who loved and trusted him

asking if he ever emotionally hurt someone who loved and trusted him.

If you've never been through a polygraph the questions change up a bit based on what you answer in the interview. So I said yes when I was a teenager I lied to my parents a lot so I could do what I wanted. So the question then became "other than what we discussed, have you ever lied to someone who loved and trusted you?" If he discloses everything they probably won't even give him a polygraph and if he doesn't it should register on the polygraph.

so somewhat relieved...
Old 02-16-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

alwayscovering…..I understand that this must give you some relief......You must have been worried that if HE became a policeman, that it would open up a fresh can of hell that would drag you into it...…

Sigh....that is what it amounts to when one is entwined with another person...their hell becomes your hell......
Old 02-16-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Healing, one step at a time. One day at a time.

alwayscovering, you've got this!

Once upon a time, my husband's fun times were my worries and concerns. That was then. This is now.

Life changes.

Once upon a time, I didn't like coffee. Then I started enjoying breve. One summer I felt an instinct (my Higher Power/Inner knowing/healthy connections) to start enjoying a cup of strong, black coffee while sitting next to a pond.

Life changing.

There are many paths to healing.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
alwayscovering…..I understand that this must give you some relief......You must have been worried that if HE became a policeman, that it would open up a fresh can of hell that would drag you into it...…

Sigh....that is what it amounts to when one is entwined with another person...their hell becomes your hell......
As angry and abusive as he gets I don't want him to have a loaded weapon in the house that I can't get rid of. I haven't gotten rid of our weapons but most of those are antiques I inherited when my dad died and I'm not getting rid of those. I did change the code on the safe and took his emergency key off his key ring. That was last summer and he still hasn't noticed or just hasn't said anything.

It was also weird like what was he going to do detox at the academy? like really? What was the plan there? I know alcoholics don't make sense but c'mon.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

denial...denial...denial......
Old 02-17-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes the depth of denial is somewhat astounding sometimes isn't it.