Notices

Gonna give it a try 😀

Old 02-15-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gonna give it a try 😀

Day 17 and all is good in my world, in fact I'm better than good, I feel great 😀
Except for this damn cough I've been left with after having flu, so i thought to myself, smoking really ani t helping lol, so I've taken the plunge and ordered a vape kit 🙌🙌. It should arrive mon/tues .
Now I'm not putting any pressure on myself, I'm just gonna give it a go. No biggy
I will give you an update next week on it 😀
It also may explain if my posts get a bit ranty 😂

It's a beautiful day, I hope everyone is ok
Much love to everyone as always
🙏💖
Old 02-15-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Day 17 and all is good in my world, in fact I'm better than good, I feel great 😀
Except for this damn cough I've been left with after having flu, so i thought to myself, smoking really ani t helping lol, so I've taken the plunge and ordered a vape kit 🙌🙌. It should arrive mon/tues .
Now I'm not putting any pressure on myself, I'm just gonna give it a go. No biggy
I will give you an update next week on it 😀
It also may explain if my posts get a bit ranty 😂

It's a beautiful day, I hope everyone is ok
Much love to everyone as always
🙏💖
Hey Doris,

I've been vaping for a while, I've got 3 different devices now. If you need any help with setting it up or anything then send me a PM. What device did you get?

Natom
Old 02-15-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Erm just from Amazon, IMECIG vape starter kit ��, how are you doing on them ? You don't smoke anymore?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Erm just from Amazon, IMECIG vape starter kit ��, how are you doing on them ? You don't smoke anymore?
Hey Doris,

Used to smoke 40+ a day. Bought a cheap vape that I didn't get on with and started smoking again (it kept breaking and I was using a really high nicotine strength that made my throat hurt). One of my colleagues convinced me to get a more powerful one (a sub-ohm one - the ones with tons of vapour) and I've only had a couple of cigarettes in the last six months but they made me feel ill.

I'm using the lowest nicotine strength (3ml) but my device cost me £75. When I compare it to how much I would have spent on cigarettes then it was a bargain!!! If you don't get on with this one I'd recommend going to your local vape shop and having a chat with them.

Have fun!!!

Natom
Old 02-15-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just don't be one of the annoying vapers like we have around here. They think it's cute to "blow clouds" in peoples faces. I've almost thrown hands a few times.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Just don't be one of the annoying vapers like we have around here. They think it's cute to "blow clouds" in peoples faces. I've almost thrown hands a few times.
😂😂 no I won't become one of 'those' annoying people.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

😂😂 no I won't become one of 'those' annoying people.
Good, I wouldn't want to have to get rowdy with Doris. I can't punch an old lady....
Old 02-15-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't want anything other than fresh air going to my lungs.

I want to quit smoking. Day 2 and triggers after triggers. Glad I am home with a young one so can't even go and buy any cigarettes. Forced not to smoke for next 3 days as boys are with me that would make it 5 days.

I need to read to understand nicotine cravings to be better prepared to fight them.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good, I wouldn't want to have to get rowdy with Doris. I can't punch an old lady....
Old lady, 😂😂😂 now your asking for trouble man😜this "old Doris" would put up a good fight man 😂
Old 02-15-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good luck with the quitting smoking. I have been trying to quit for 3 years. I gave myself a year after getting sober to tackle smoking. 4 years later, still smoking. But a lot less. I don't want to vape, really, but I might have to give it a try if I can't do it without a replacement for a while. I tried all of the other NRT methods - gum, lozenges, patches... gum and lozenges make me sick to my stomach and patches make me really jittery, even on the lowest dose. I think I don't smoke "enough" for the patches to give me a low enough dose of nicotine. I only smoke about 5-6 a day at this point, sometimes less. But I can't seem to kick it completely. If I vaped for a while I could taper down the nicotine to just about nothing.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I think I may be one of those annoying vapers. I don't deliberately blow clouds in anyones face or general direction. But, my mod does produce a lot of vapor and when I walk around the town centre I normally have a cloud of vape following me about. Although, it does normally smell of milkshake or pudding so it's gotta be better than cig smoke.

Natom
Old 02-15-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

H379, I’d recommend a book by Gillian Riley called “how to stop smoking and stay stopped”. Her methodology is solid. x
Old 02-15-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natom View Post
I think I may be one of those annoying vapers. I don't deliberately blow clouds in anyones face or general direction. But, my mod does produce a lot of vapor and when I walk around the town centre I normally have a cloud of vape following me about. Although, it does normally smell of milkshake or pudding so it's gotta be better than cig smoke.

Natom
Haha maybe so. That's okay, stay on your side of the pond. The vaping craze seems to be dying down here in the good ole US of A.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
H379, I’d recommend a book by Gillian Riley called “how to stop smoking and stay stopped”. Her methodology is solid. x
Thanks MantaLady.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
quat

In the Nicotine/Smoking forum here on SR there are really good older threads “Sober Vapers”, you’ll have set the viewing perimeters to include threads going back probably at least a year to see them. There is some really good links to info and articles about vaping , a poster , Chief Bromden shared his wealth of knowledge and I appreciate his advocacy to get some ‘real-er’ data out to let people make a more informed choice.
Check them out , and a big hattip to Carlotta for starting those threads , vape on
Old 02-15-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
quat

I just bumped one of the threads in Sober Vapers, you can then go back to the first thread too following the link on the first post .
Old 02-15-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 17 is fantastic, Doris and I'm glad to hear you're doing well.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I just downloaded the Gillian Riley book. I'll give it a try! I really hate that I smoke.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great job Doris. Smoking is nasty!!!! 🤢
Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 17!
My last real cigarette was Feb last year. After that I continued with various vapes, but to be honest my cough was actually worse than when I smoked and vaping actually brought back my asthmatic cough which I hadn't had for years. If you can gradually go down from vaping to nothing at all, I highly recommend.