Notices

The Wim Hof Method helps me a lot

Old 02-14-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Wim Hof Method helps me a lot

Hello,

I just realized that today is 1,5 years for me!

What I wanted to say is that the Wim Hof Method does me a whole lot of good and even though I hadn't linked it directly before, I think it helped me a lot in staying sober and feeling better.

I started the method before I got sober and learned that that can be very dangerous. It is perfectly safe when practiced sober, but, as is the case with many things, doing it drunk is very risky. So under no circumstance do it while under the influence.

That said, it does do a lot of good things for me, and looking back, it helped me with sobriety.

So I wanted to share that in case it can help others out as well.

Have a nice day!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 1.5 years Ben

D
Old 02-14-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

1.5 is awesome, a huge congratulations! I've often looked at that method. What means of learning it have you used? Just online videos or a book in particular and by the message you mean the breathing method or also his whole cold exposure stuff? Thanks for sharing in a big congrats.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
1.5 is awesome, a huge congratulations! I've often looked at that method. What means of learning it have you used? Just online videos or a book in particular and by the message you mean the breathing method or also his whole cold exposure stuff? Thanks for sharing in a big congrats.
Thanks. I have learned it from both online courses. When I started, the newer course (called Fundamentals) didn't exist yet and when it came out, existing clients got a huge discount. For new people I always recommend the free intro first. And the free app. Then, if you want to explore further, the Fundamentals course is the better one.

Also watching a lot of YouTube videos with Wim. He shares a lot in interviews, especially about the mindset. The method consists of three pillars: a breathing method, cold exposure and mindset. And I do them all.

Part of the mindset is developing strength and being able to adapt to stressful situations. Which is very convenient when coping with addiction as you can imagine.

In general, the whole method, when practiced for a while, leads to a lot of benefits, both physically as well as mentally. Happiness, strength and health, as Wim usually sums it up.

There is a lot of free stuff to get familiar with it, so you don't need to invest in a course. Should you want to make it a practice though, I do recommend the Fundamentals course. It teaches everything very well.