Notices

Day 13

Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13

Yep you read it right........Day 13 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
So I'm feeling strong and positive in my mind set, but I'm still ill, didn't go to work today, but I'm starting to feel a little more human 😄
I've been reading a lot on here,in the time I've been off sick, an boy I've gathered so much info.....
A lot has distressed me, reading how much people are going through, it's truly heartbreaking hearing the pain in people's lives.....
But also the funny, inspiring, motivating stories which carry on pushing me through....
For ALL of it, it reminds me constantly that I do not ever wanna go back. And at this moment in time,I feel confident that I will remain "on that bus".
But being confident isn't enough 😊 I know I have to keep working every day.........and I will 😄
I know I don't want to drink, in fact the thought of drinking repulses me. I don't wanna be a sad old drunk.
I want to be a vibrant,happy woman, that's comfortable in my own skin. Each day I'm getting closer to becoming that woman.
So for now all I have to remember is to get through today, an I can honestly say I'm smashing it right now.

As always, wishing everyone so much love that's struggling today. 🙏💖
You can do this 🙌🙌🙌
Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you Doris.
Keep your eye on the prize.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico View Post
Really pleased for you Doris.
Keep your eye on the prize.
All the way now snowy 🙌🙌
Let's do this 💪💪💪
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that’s the talk of a real woman who means business.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico View Post
Now that’s the talk of a real woman who means business.
Lol, nothing stopping this train now. I'm done with the misery, now I'm gonna get out there an live my life woop woop 😄( well when I'm better I will lol )
Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done doris you sound so positive and happy, hope i can get my head in same place
Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You sound great, Doris! I love your attitude!
Congrats on 13 days and tomorrow it will be 2 weeks!
The days will start to add up fast now so just get to feeling better! You have got alot of sober living to do!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
You sound great, Doris! I love your attitude!
Congrats on 13 days and tomorrow it will be 2 weeks!
The days will start to add up fast now so just get to feeling better! You have got alot of sober living to do!
Bring it on 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 I'm actually feeling excited and relieved that I'm no longer gonna mess my life up. Looking forward to a brighter future 🙏💖
Old 02-11-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Well done doris you sound so positive and happy, hope i can get my head in same place
I hope you can as well tink, I'm not gonna spout on about the power of positive thinking. But for me, that's how I'm getting through it. Everyday I take time to think positively. It works for me 😄. Keep going my lovely xxx
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're crushing it, Doris! I know you're trying to pass me, but it isn't going to happen!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
You're crushing it, Doris! I know you're trying to pass me, but it isn't going to happen!
Is that a challenge 😉😉
Always up for a challenge, but on this occasion I hope I don't ever pass you 🙏💖
Old 02-11-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You took the words right out of my mouth. You are smashing it.

The thing I like the most is that you're so aware that you need to work at it every day. There is a risk when giving up alcohol that one can become over confident and find it all too easy. That means you're also open to the risk of trying to drink again. 'Finding sobriety easy so hey, maybe going back to moderating is easy too!' You're clearly having none of that and I'm highly impressed.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Walk on

Great progress!! Good on you, onto a better and happier life for you Onwards onto better pastures.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Awesome work Doris!!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on almost 2 weeks Doris

D
Old 02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

great to see you moving along like this, Doris!
Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am so glad that you are doing well Doris! I had a setback after 18 months of sobriety and are now on day 10 again!

You are an inspiration for me and I am very much motivated to never use alcohol again!

Best of luck!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calvary62 View Post
I am so glad that you are doing well Doris! I had a setback after 18 months of sobriety and are now on day 10 again!

You are an inspiration for me and I am very much motivated to never use alcohol again!

Best of luck!
Wow 18 months is something to be celebrated Calvary, ok you had a set back, but what's important is you didn't stay there, you accepted it,and moved on. That in its self is amazing. 10days 🙌🙌🙌. Keep going,you know you can do it. I'm Rooting for you. Please let me how how your doing from time to time. I'd love to know 😄
🙏💖
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats Doris! Two weeks today, right? That's awesome. And you really sound like you're on a good path. Since you said you enjoy them, here's an unrelated (kind of) funny for you.

At the IOP classes I attend (intensive out-patient) we have to do what are called thinking reports each day. Basically a check in. Part of that is we have write about some event from our past. This was my event from the other day.

A long time ago I was in the military and was TDY to Cape Canaveral in Florida. We spent part of the day Friday flying up and down the beaches waving to the people. Just incentive rides, basically. We asked about all the large dark shapes we could see in the water, thinking they were dolphins or something, and were told they were sharks.

Fast forward to Friday night and we're having a party on the beach. I wasn't fall down drunk but I'd had several beers. Me and two other people are walking on a sandbar about 300-350 yards from shore, well after midnight, in water that was a little less than waste deep. Maybe mid-thigh or a little higher on me. Let me also tell you that I have an overriding irrational fear of sharks. I attribute it to seeing Jaws when I was about 6.

So hear I am, that far from shore, somewhat intoxicated, and it's pitch black. That was the moment when something very alive and reasonably large bumped into my leg. Let me tell you I could hear the music and I just KNEW Jaws was coming to get me. The bad part was the water was too deep to run in and too shallow to swim in. It took me FOREVER it seemed like to get back to shore. Obviously I made it and received severe ribbing from all my "friends" for my shear terror. Lol I survived that, too, but let me tell you it was every bit of 25 years before I dipped a pinky toe in the ocean again. And that was to take surfing lessons with my son outside of San Diego. Where they have great whites. And there was me, 300 pounds at the time, in a black wetsuit and looking very much like a seal. And right at the start of the actual attempts at surfing my board hit me in the face and now I'm bleeding from a severely busted lip. My son had a blast. I was just waiting for the bite to come. I can laugh about all of it now but both times I was terrified. Lol, sharks will eat you.

Not meaning to hijack your thread, and heartfelt congrats on your two weeks. Just trying to share what I hope was a funny story for your enjoyment. Stay on the path you're on, Doris. You're doing great.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

😂 brilliant, especially the surfboard bit 😂😂😂. I'm the sorta person that's laughs in all the wrong places.
I love hearing these sort of stories, I know we all struggle from time to time, but it's exhausting being miserable all the time 😄
Yeah 2weeks today 🙌🙌 still off work with flu, but a positive from that is.......... drum roll please..........I've lost 8lbs.
Currently sitting on my sofa in a soggy mess. 🙏😝