Notices

Day 8 exhausted, reading, exercise

Old 02-04-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 exhausted, reading, exercise

That pretty much sums up 8 days of sobriety. I’m still waiting to be contracted for work. But it seems possible I will be employed soon. I have read refuge recovery and LOVE IT, couldn’t put it down. I want to reread to highlight. I’m sleeping till noon and watching Netflix late, so like 10 hours of sleep a night. Today I received the SMART recovery workbook and it looks amazing, can’t wait to start working on it and doing some internal work. I exercise everyday at the gym, track calories on my fitness pal.... not a single pound lost.

So that’s been my first week. I’m getting odd cravings and have to avoid certain places I relate to alcohol. Oddly after the gym I want to drink 🤷🏼*♀️ I avoid the pool and beach because they are huge drinking triggers, very sad considering as a child I enjoyed these places sober.

I posted this for any others maybe feeling sluggish, avoidance and cravings too.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 6! I will have to check out that book.

Don't be disheartened you haven't lost any weight yet. Your body will just be adjusting. I was going to the gym and tracking calories religiously for the first two weeks and nothing. Then I had a day I went over on calories and bam! the next day I'd dropped 3lbs.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it's only been a week after a huge major change. physical detox can range from a week to a month - ish. many factors come into play, not the least of which is how much alcohol was being consumed and for how long. even at the long end, 30 days OR SO, the body is by no means healed. the healing process takes months. recovery is a process not an event.

right now rest and restorative foods and liquids are key. be gentle, don't expect miracles. there are no quick fixes.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are looking up Mariposa

D
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can crave after exercise too....and that's in the morning. Generally its because I'm dehydrated and hungry. Eat and hydrate and I'm fine.

You're doing great!