Notices

One week

Old 02-04-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week

1 Week sober

Just got back from a lovely relaxing weekend away for my mum's birthday and I'm so grateful I was sober to enjoy it. 18 family members including 6 kids all under 6. we played games, went swimming and walked in this beautiful place I was lucky enough to see with my 2 children. I'm really trying to enjoy these moments as these are the memories I want to have with them....seeing them laugh and being happy. And having memories of a happy mum.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Peace x
Old 02-04-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lovely weekend Peace. I am glad you were able to be sober and present for it.

Well done!
Old 02-04-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats PeaceInSilence

D
Old 02-04-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend with your family. It’s great to enjoy those closest to us while sober, isn’t it?
Old 02-04-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great going! So nice when we can appreciate family time like that.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was just what I needed but I then come home to rubbish from my ex. I spoke with my sponsor last night about it and I know I have to start making changes about limiting access to seeing him (not the kids) but whenever I try to do this he tells me I'm taking time away from his children (my sponsor also said he can say what he likes I cant change this) but it's so frustrating. He comes into my home to see his children (this is his only option, due to distance and work.... and if I tell him all the arguing etc isn't doing anyone any good and I don't want him in my home it's....well how am I supposed to see my children. I'm trying to guard my sobriety and still please people. Help!! Im trying to work on the people, places and things but this is seriously stressing me out.

Peace x