Notices

reentering the sober recovery network

Old 02-03-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reentering the sober recovery network

hello everyone. ive been here before a few years ago but im going to consider myself a beginner.ive been homeless since may 11 when my partner kicked me out because i was out of control. may 11 I went to jail for 42 days for breaking restraining order. fast forward 6 months later restraining order was lifted and my gf and I are now talking again. at first I was elated , but after a few weeks I became depressed again. im tired of drinking and I want to be a better partner. Ive tried meetings I am so not in to them. I cant afford rehab so I have decided to come back here for the support and comradery i used to feel. I need people in my situation to speak to. I wake up first thing i thin of is a beer if I dont have one or have no money I wont get up, i want to be in control instead of being controlled.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you will use the support here to help yourself get sober for good. Lots of good advice here from those who know what it's like.

Welcome back!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can certainly relate. I have been kicked out by a gf. Although , I went to rehab not jail. From there I went to my parents for 6 months, got a job and apartment. However, I was miserable. Started to drink. Lost new job soon. Then I drank for years/drugged. I could only find jobs that didn't do background checks. I was screwed as far as I thought. Just on day 3 now.

I drink as early as I can usually.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Canuck76 you hit a nerve. i cant get past the background checks. I have to find a job. I apply everyday go to interviews and clinch them then background check comes back and that is the end. im older so that already is a barrier. thanks for responding congrats on 3 days keep it up
Old 02-03-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My original industry was finance. Worked 8 years when my drinking became a problem. Got a DUI. I resigned my job to 'get sober'. Thought the job was the problem. Then drank at home for a year on credit cards. GF kicked me out. Rehab. But had to declare bankruptcy.

So had several new job offers rescinded because of the DUI/bad credit. 42 now and feel hopeless. Want to drink myself to death pretty much.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back belaha

D
Old 02-03-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee
Old 02-03-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

im back. maybe i will get it right this time
Old 02-04-2019, 01:33 AM