Notices

Another Chance

Old 02-01-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Chance

Hey all!

I am new to these boards, but not new to the recovery "scene" (if you will). After 2.5 years clean, I relapsed for a year and a half and then I went to rehab for heroin, meth and cocaine on March 9, 2018 and did 33 days inpatient, 4 weeks partial hospitalization and then 6 weeks of IOP. I was in sober living for 6 months as well. That said, I have relapsed 3x since getting out of inpatient.

My most recent relapse being on December 8. Which scared me enough to know I never wanted to touch drugs again...but not enough to get my ass to a meeting.

Although I thought alcohol had never been an issue for me...on January 19th I had my last drink. I realized that day that very often, once I get to a certain point I can't stop. SO...on January 20th I committed to no drugs OR alcohol. Still...not enough to get my butt in those chairs immediately.

On January 22, while moping on the couch feeling sorry for myself...I suddenly felt overwhelmed by this feeling that I needed to go to a meeting. It was clear as day all of a sudden. I needed to DO the work. That I would never find relief from this insanity without God's help. I suddenly realized that I cannot say I want things to get better and sit around and wait for them to magically get better. So I went to an AA meeting that night. Got a sponsor.

I'm working on Step 1 homework and for the first time...I am doing the work. I have had sponsors before and always got "fired" by them because I refused to call, refused to work a program...etc.

I am excited to be here...and looking forward to learning as much as I can from others experience, strength and hope.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you cleanitexas , great advice and support here.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doing the footwork on a continuous bases
incorporating the knowledge and tools taught
to you will help you achieve the promises as
written for us in our Big Book of AA.

Never let go of your recovery lifelines
as you begin building a strong foundation
to live upon for many one days sober and
clean ahead of you.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are here and sober, congrats! Stay close to SR!
Old 02-02-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard cleanintexas

D