Living with the law- the big ask updated

Old 02-01-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with the law- the big ask updated

Ok so here’s where I am at. My stbxah is an exec for big oil, he has lied repeatedly and i would have been screwed had it not been for my very detailed spreadsheet. My ah and his lawyer never disclosed financial documents and we had to subpoena big oil. You can imagine how that went! Since Sunday my lawyer has been basically living with me and I am 1) so triggered 2) in desperate need of some alone time and 3) pretty much ready to jump off a cliff- my children are rooting me on. I have more witnesses coming in, but man am I tired! I am so ready for this to be done I can’t even tell you. My lawyer ate my thin mint cookies, need I say more. I have lost more than 20 lbs since New Years. I can’t seem to color my grays faster than new ones come out, and I am so very scared. This man my AH has discarded me as even human and if I don’t fight tooth and nail he’s going to do the same with the kids. Just asking for your prayers again on Wednesday when trial resumes and maybe some thin mints if you got em . PS can someone add a “padded room” emoji that’s the one I need
Old 02-02-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow dawn, that sounds just horrible (yes I know not helpful!) Hopefully this is helpful:

It's late so I can't really reply, but wanted to drop the cookies off.

("proudly hosted on photobucket" - really? I'm looking for a new image host pfthth)
Old 02-02-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trailmix, try Postimage here: https://postimages.org/ Occasionally goes down, but generally works very well, very easy, and free. The only time you get a stamp on the photo like what you have there is if it's on the picture to start with, i.e. gettyimages, stockfresh, etc.

dawn, I will light a candle for you and ask the Thin Mint Angel to intercede. I'm not making light of your situation; it sounds truly horrible. However, Thin Mints are about all I can offer. I hope things reach resolution very, very soon.

If you like to bake, maybe you could make a batch of homemade thin mints to help take your mind off the problems at hand for at least a little while.

https://www.averiecooks.com/homemade-thin-mints/

Old 02-02-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

You're right there should be a padded room emoji, or at least an empty cookie jar.

What comes over people when money is involved. Shame on your exah, and credit to you for your refusal to go along with him just for the sake of peace.

Eventually you'll have time for the hairdresser and you can invest in some great new clothes to suit your slim frame.

I hope Karma, in the shape of the judge, takes into account the dishonesty of your AH and his lawyer.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I couldn't find a padded room or a straight jacket, but I thought a little Zen lotus might help?

Old 02-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys Prayers are needed and good juju and whatever you believe in. I do realize due to my lack of punctuation it looks like I said" I am ready to jump off a cliff and my children are rooting me on" Just to be clear those were 2 separate sentences, they are not rooting for me to jump! Just saying!
Old 02-02-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

at that last post, dawnrising.

It's all going to work out, difficult as that may seem right now.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there dawn! Holding best wishes for you and your kids in my heart, and virtually extending a hand if you need one to hang on to.

You got this girl...

P.S. I've got a few extra pounds you can have if you want 'em....
Old 02-07-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Dawn - just circling back to this & checking in to see how things are going. Update whenever you can & in the meantime, stay strong!!

Old 02-07-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well trial has ended and we are waiting for an answer from the judge. AH got on the stand and lied his ass off it was ridiculous. My sister came and testified, the family therapist who we had an intervention with came and testified, the Alanon woman who helped us came and testified . AH actually got on the stand and said I shouldn’t have anything because of the way he has been treated! He was beat red and asked about 1 minutes into his questioning if they could turn on the air. His division of assets had me taking both of our homes with 680,000 in mortgages and I haven’t worked in 22 years. He admitted he has been shopping for a new place on the stand in the 700,000 range and they asked him if he was trying to get me to take the 2 houses so he could qualify and then he said no I can afford all three - mind you I am asking for spousal support and in my state the maximum is 60,000 per year which is 7% of his salary. So now we wait, I have no idea what’s going to happen but just WOW!!!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well isn't that generous, here, take these debts that might make you money if/when you can sell them!

I'm glad that's over though, I'm sure everyone saw through it dawn, did your lawyer give you any indication of what they think might happen?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Trail mix I am in Texas and it’s incredibly hard to get maintenance here, the thing is that we have a ton of investments retirement etc that looks huge but when you add a 47% penalty on the retirement before age 60 and 30% tax and penalty on 401k that just depleted quickly, it’s kind of crazy and no I really have no idea and neither did my lawyer.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers going up, dawn! When my ex-h and I divorced, we didn't have a farthing between us, so I have no experience to share. Just keep breathing!!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad that part is done. Continued prayers friend!