Notices

Long time no post!

Old 01-26-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long time no post!

Hey guys! Well it’s been a long long time since I’ve posted. I was still in my pain pill addiction last time I believe. My husband and I have been sober for a little over 4 years now and going strong. I wasn’t ready when I posted last and more read stories when I was withdrawing and desperately trying to figure out how the hell ppl got out of this. But idk I just woke up one day, it was maybe 3 days into a dry spell, and I couldn’t do it anymore. I’m not saying this is the way for everyone but I called a subutex place and got in that day. What a relief I thought, and it was! Physical withdrawals gone and it was great. It did become clear about 6 months in that it was all about money and they were over prescribing us the medicine and had absolutely no intention of weaning us down anytime soon. So we took it upon ourselves to start a very very very (lol) slow taper to minimize the discomfort and it went really well. We had more self control than I would have thought but we really were ready to be done. I didn’t think it was possible, I really didn’t. I thought this is just my life but it wasn’t. So it doesn’t have to be for you either
Old 02-18-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats fantastic news Ive been on Suboxone 1 a day for the last 5 plus years. I haven't gone up or down is just in dose nor have I even come close to a relapse. Honestly suboxone has saved my life and for the first few years I was just truly happy to just be away form my old life of doing drugs. Now I think to myself every day is this going to be the way it is for the rest of my life? Another words will I ever get off of suboxone. I think about tapering and what it would be like all the time but I never act on it. Its great to hear stories like the one above that you were able to do it and be successful. This gives me hope that I can one day get there. Thank you and God Bless.