"The magic of tidying dramatically transforms"

Old 01-17-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

"The magic of tidying dramatically transforms"

From Marie Kondo's book:

"The magic of tidying dramatically transforms your life"

This book came back into my life not long ago and I've been using it after meditation as direction in continually applying the tips and principles. I've been doing the basics of it for several years and it always, always, always has given me psychological, emotional and feng-shui type benefits. Physically, I know where things are, enjoy them more and have a great enjoyment of letting things go when it's time, and welcoming new into my life. Ebb and flow.

As my thoughts and perceptions change, I open to new ways of approaching what I gather into my life. This is really getting fun!

The log bunk beds I brought into the cabin were meant to be here. Even without DS12 here, I'm enjoying the beds immensely - sitting on the bottom or top bunk gives me a completely new perspective. The heavy logs, comfy blankets and unique character of it gives me support, joy and confidence.

A very special glazed, carved and painted plate the size of a saucer has the words "Amazing GRACE, how sweet the sound..." and even the name of the artist and year have meanings for me. It was a dollar at a thrift store. It typically stays with next to our Native American flute -
aka peace pipe.

I have great inner peace now as beloved items like these also naturally have a time for them to leave me. Peace and balance in my life.

Empty spaces allow more to come into my life. I like having inspired things to look for. Whether or not I find them, it gives me a great outlet and takes my attention off uncertainty, uncontrollable and painful things. I'm learning to allow my attention to be on good things, fun and healthy activities.

One day at a time.

The quote at the top is something I've come back to many times this last month. Having inspired ways to tidy, even with leaving certain things completely undone until it feels like good timing, is helping keep joy in my heart.

#healthyconnections
#goodkarma
#lifeisgood
Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Only just started it but I like the idea of focusing on what you have instead of what you want to get rid of! Then see how those things you have make you feel. Does it spark joy?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Example: I had a large bag of things in my car trunk that all held meaning and purpose when I was at the vacation home. It stayed in my car trunk until recently. When I unloaded it at the cabin, it was easily sorted to: dump, dump, dump, thrift store, keep. Etc.

A sign that carried me onward and forward for the past 18 months was slightly damaged. I appreciate all the joy and inspiration it gave me. As it left it also opened up space for new.

A learned practice that keeps getting easier.

Yes, holding something and asking yourself if it sparks joy is the basis of it.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

A few other quotes from the book:

"Most people realize that clutter is caused by too much stuff. But why do we have too much stuff? Usually it is because we do not accurately grasp how much we actually own."

"One of the homework assignments I give my clients is to appreciate their belongings. For example, I urge them to try saying, “Thank you for keeping me warm all day,” when they hang up their clothes after returning home."

"I pray that through the magic of tidying more people will be able to experience the joy and contentment of living surrounded by the things they love." —Marie “KonMari” Kondo

With living with active alcoholism, this was a life-saver! Along with Al-anon slogans, meetings and my sponsor, I learned/am still learning how to mindfully take care of my own business and let others take care of theirs.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mango. Thought you'd be interested in to hear this. The new guy I've been dating, has been on an Esther Hicks/Abraham cruise!!!! He learned about her from his mum and is really into her teachings. Is that law of attraction or what........
Old 01-19-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Mango. Thought you'd be interested in to hear this. The new guy I've been dating, has been on an Esther Hicks/Abraham cruise!!!! He learned about her from his mum and is really into her teachings. Is that law of attraction or what........
Wow, that's really cool.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Wow, that's really cool.
I know, what are the chances?
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Enjoy!

This is the fun of seeing 'Life is good'. Connected.

I started seeing it through the eyes of my Alanon sponsor, stories I heard at meetings and then looking at my own experiences in new ways.

Awareness. Acceptance. Action.

Prayer: God/Great Spirit, grant me eyes to see, ears to hear and strength to embrace the illogical.

Prayer: Thank you.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I read Marie Kondo years ago and even went through a move where I got rid of everything that didn't bring me joy. Five years later and I've accumulated a lot more stuff again that I've been letting go of. Have been playing a "letting go" game with some relatives - we get rid of the # of items that don't give us joy corresponding to the day's number ... so Jan 1st, 1 thing, 2nd, 2 things and on and on. We've been sending each other photos of our things and even coming up with themes. It's becoming more challenging as the month is advancing but it has really been helping me shift a lot of things.

I'm loving that I'm seeing her everywhere right now - her netflix show is adorable. And the change is real - giving me hope for people opening up to living their best lives however they do it. This is the energy I've been choosing for me since he is gone. Loving the daily hope I get here.