Lunch with a friend.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Lunch with a friend.

Sorry this is a completely pathetic post but I had such a great lunch with my best friend!! I realised how much I've learned since D came back, how much has changed and just how differently I see things.

In the midst of a rollercoaster ride with it's ups and downs I've not noticed that I'm learning as I go along. I've changed and my friend noticed that, I don't see things the way I did before, there are things I just didn't understand but now I'm begining to.

I don't mean that's it - I've got the hang of it now, I'll still be confused sometimes, but I have changed. I don't mind that I've still got so much to learn - it was just such a good feeling to realise the bits I've learned already. She also said that when D turned up her and her girlfriend were 'doing their nut' hoping I'd go for it, they'd got so used to me never wanting anyone and she said it was always so obvious that he was a good person.

OK - silly post over!!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

equus - not silly - i love to "hear" you talk - the dialect thing is so great! i am learning something just from reading the posts from other faraway places.

it's nice that other people can actually see the change in us that maybe we can't but know is there!

bravo!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Binge poster

I agree,
It's never silly to have a good time with a friend, and it's not silly to feel good that you've changed for the better.
I've also changed, and it's one of those things - like riding a bike - that you know will never go away. I might slip into stupid reactions and have the odd tantrum myself in the future, but that's ok, that's because I'm human
It's nice to hear you excited about it and it's nice to think that someone who's not doing so well as you and I seem to be might read your post and be heartened by it.

I have to say, I smiled when I read the bit about dialect, cwohio! If you came for a walk around here you'd need a translator! Actually, sometimes I need one

It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht, Ah'm awa' tae tak' a donner roon the loch, then courie up wi ma weans.

See?!
Love
Jane
xxxx
Old 11-17-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jane - now you know you have to sing to the English, as my Glasweigen mate says!!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Radar

So Bahookie... let me give it a go

It's a nice bright moonlit night and you're going to take a run around the lake, then cuddle up with your kids? That last part threw me. :hello2
Old 11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

equus,
It's wonderful that you are seeing a change in yourself. In AA they say "Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly." You have come to a turning point in your life, and you have chosen to take a new road. You were ready for a change. There were many times in my life that I came to that point and wasn't able to go down a new road. Thank goodness that help was available when I was ready. I am glad that you shared this. I am glad that you are a part of this cyber family. Hugs, Magic