Notices

Day 42 update

Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 42 update

Things are going well. I'm still trucking along. My first full week on the job and loving it so far. Just anxiously waiting to get paid as I have a lot of catching up to do on bills. I haven't felt this good in a very long time. I actually set goals for myself each week, and the most surprising thing is I cut back on the negative thinking a ton. Weighed on me like a ton of bricks with me just beating myself up everyday.

I finally met up with my sponsor to go to a meeting on Monday night. Felt good to get out as I just took a step back from everyone and everything except my household to clear my head and put my nearly flushed down the toilet life back together. I can say that in disguise going through all that was a blessing even though it was miserable and I almost took my own life cause of the demoralization.

I just want to focus on today...then the next day etc and do what is right. I've been told I'm a pretty good dude sober lol so why not stay on that train.

Hope everyone had a great start to the new year.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad to hear this!! good stuff. Make it a great (sober) day, as my Dad has always said. You can do it. (And I empathize with the bill situation, completely - handling it bit by bit was best I could do and it did get under control as I stayed sober).
Old 01-10-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Get,

I like getting the pay check too. We pay the bills and try to enjoy a night out once or twice a month.

We use Groupon and a local show deal website to save a ton of money on dining and entertainment.

Food and shows help me stay clean. Those things are helping my natural production of dopamine and endorphins return to normal. I love comedy shows.

I also seem to always be on the look out for drunks or folks drinking in general. I initially envied them. Now, I pity them.

I think it has been important in strengthening my sobriety to get exposure to triggers and deal.

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm very glad you have decided to stop beating yourself up.

I sometimes look in the mirror, look into my own eyes and say, "I love you bim."

It's a powerful thing to do...sounds awkward, but maybe give it a try.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good to hear about your accumulating sober time! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

great progress get it right - congrats!

D
Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job! Glad things are going good.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All good stuff get right. Happy to hear you are doing so well. Should be encouraging to others.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

D122y has a great point about how we can do fun stuff in a more cost-saving way. Over the time I have been with my now husband and our individual and joint sobriety we have learned what financial decisions make sense, how to spend or not spend and on what....and we have a lot of fun in life.

It's also been great to know that spending time at home together is one of our most favorite things - and since we enjoy cooking together, def an economical choice

(Full disclosure also: I work for an awesome restaurant group leading an industry recovery group...so we *might* get special consideration when we eat at one of our places )
Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 42 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-11-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time. It sounds like you're living the benefits of sobriety, and I think it's great that you're specifically addressing negative thinking. That's an area I still struggle with.